Help-my CND lamp is poorly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliss69

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on what's wrong with my lamp and if it can be fixed.
My last appointment yesterday was a shellac pedicure and when finished i reinserted the nail plate into the lamp and thought nothing of it. My first appointment this morning was a shellac manicure but when I switched the lamp on it made a horrible whirring sound. The bulbs were working and the base coat was cured. I tested the lamp again before doing the clients other hand and pushed down on the plate which made a click sound and the whirring sound stopped. The lamp worked perfectly for the rest of the manicure.
The problem is that every time I use the lamp from cold it makes this horrible sound which I now realise is the fan not kicking in. On a 120 sec cure it takes 90 secs for the fan to kick in and the noise to subside then it works fine unless left to go cold again.
Have I broken my lamp or can it be fixed? Has anyone else experienced this?

Can anyone shed some light on what's wrong with my lamp and if it can be fixed.

My last appointment yesterday was a shellac pedicure and when finished i reinserted the nail plate into the lamp and thought nothing of it. My first appointment this morning was a shellac manicure but when I switched the lamp on it made a horrible whirring sound. The bulbs were working and the base coat was cured. I tested the lamp again before doing the clients other hand and pushed down on the plate which made a click sound and the whirring sound stopped. The lamp worked perfectly for the rest of the manicure.

The problem is that every time I use the lamp from cold it makes this horrible sound which I now realise is the fan not kicking in. On a 120 sec cure it takes 90 secs for the fan to kick in and the noise to subside then it works fine unless left to go cold again.

Have I broken my lamp or can it be fixed? Has anyone else experienced this?

If you purchased it from your Cnd distributor & it's still in 12 month warranty they will take a look at it - sweet squared are aware of problems with some lamps and did replace them x

Mine did exactly the same last week.

I phoned Sweet Squared and played the noise down the phone to them and they sent a new lamp the next day. The courier tool the old one away.

I bought mine last October so it was still in warranty

If it isn't under warranty, then there's a guy called Roy on eBay who fixes the lamps. He fixed mine for about £35.

Mines done the same this morning! :(

Thanks for feed back guys x
Lamp was purchased from ELLISONS so I rang and explained the problem to customer services.
They have replaced the lamp which I get foc providing my old lamp proves to be faulty as described.

It seems to be something to do with room temp because the day before it was collected was that super sunny day last week and typically!!!!!!! it worked perfectly until later in the evening when the room cooled.

I've heard nothing from ELLISONS as yet I just hope they test it in a cool environment or else they'll think I'm telling porky pies I'll get charged for an extra lamp plus postage and my dud one back.

My lamp has always done this. If it's been cold I put it on for 10 seconds and it makes that noise, then put it on for 10 seconds again and it's fine. It's done this for about 2 years! Apart from that it works perfectly fine.

My lamp has always done this. If it's been cold I put it on for 10 seconds and it makes that noise, then put it on for 10 seconds again and it's fine. It's done this for about 2 years! Apart from that it works perfectly fine.
Ok that's interesting.
Mine sounds horrendous (embarrassing for me not pleasant for clients) for first 10 secs and continues on 120 secs cure until about the 90 secs mark when the fan then kicks in. It never used to do this and it sounds like eventually the motor would burn out and just be kaput.

Sadly these lamps are not infallible and eventually come to the end of their life... Especially when you are all using them so much due to being so busy. Please remember what is due first at THE Event at the end of the month and second, launching on May 1st.... CND have spend a lond time creating an LED lamp that will cure CND Shellac brand 14+ day nail couture, as well as Brisa and Brisa Lite... It's very cold and half the time... HTH's.
Love & Respect
Samantha

Result
Received a credit note from ELLISONS today for cost of a new CND lamp

Sadly these lamps are not infallible and eventually come to the end of their life... Especially when you are all using them so much due to being so busy. Please remember what is due first at THE Event at the end of the month and second, launching on May 1st.... CND have spend a lond time creating an LED lamp that will cure CND Shellac brand 14+ day nail couture, as well as Brisa and Brisa Lite... It's very cold and half the time... HTH's.
Love & Respect
Samantha
I know you say come to the end of their life's BUT I purchased my 2nd Lamp January 2015 and had to have it replaced end of Febuary 2015 and the new one today started to back the same hidious noise ?? It's so embarrassing and inconvenient when the lamp has to be sent back and wait for a replacement - as I only offer Shellac I am unable to work while the lamp is being tested x

I know you say come to the end of their life's BUT I purchased my 2nd Lamp January 2015 and had to have it replaced end of Febuary 2015 and the new one today started to back the same hidious noise ?? It's so embarrassing and inconvenient when the lamp has to be sent back and wait for a replacement - as I only offer Shellac I am unable to work while the lamp is being tested x
Hi hun
I know where you're coming I found it embarrassing to. It sounded like I was using sub standard equipment.
Where are you purchasing yours from?

Hi hun
I know where you're coming I found it embarrassing to. It sounded like I was using sub standard equipment.
Where are you purchasing yours from?
My 1st lamp I purchased from Sweet Squared, which just run out of warranty when the dreaded 2 bulbs went, the 2nd and replacement 3rd Ellisons. It's such a shame as I love the brisa lite and Shellac system and my clients are more then happy but I feel they have us by the short and curlies reference the lamp I am more then happy to pay a little more as it is a whole system I am offering as long as the product is worth it - which a lamp that lasts 2 - 3 months is not x. I purchased a cheap lamp when I 1st starting training which was 4 years ago & guess what that still works

My 1st lamp I purchased from Sweet Squared, which just run out of warranty when the dreaded 2 bulbs went, the 2nd and replacement 3rd Ellisons. It's such a shame as I love the brisa lite and Shellac system and my clients are more then happy but I feel they have us by the short and curlies reference the lamp I am more then happy to pay a little more as it is a whole system I am offering as long as the product is worth it - which a lamp that lasts 2 - 3 months is not x. I purchased a cheap lamp when I 1st starting training which was 4 years ago & guess what that still works
Is it a coincidence that our faulty lamps are coming from ELLISONS?
My 1st lamp had signs of wear on the buttons (all the print had come off) at if it was second hand. It couldn't have been because all the blue plastic was still inside. The replaced lamp has the same wear on the buttons is this the norm for CND lamps?

After reading all the comments... My lamp has been making that whirring sound (like the fan has packed in) it makes this noise till what seems like the lamp warms up! I've had my lamp less than a year.
What do I need to do please?

I've had my lamp for about 18months & mines just started doing the same. I was worried that it would effect the curing but so far I've not noticed anything so fingers crossed it holds out, as much as I would love the new led lamp. Does anyone know what the fault is? It sounds like the fan?? x

Contact your supplier if it's still under warranty they should replace it.
I rang Ellisons to report the problem and they dispatched a new one but charged it to my account. I then returned my faulty one in the same packaging ( Ellisons sent a courier to collect ).
They did find the lamp faulty so they sent me a credit note on my account
Had they found the lamp not to be faulty I would have had to pay for the new lamp plus postage

Sorry to revive an old thread but, I had a lamp, which the 2 bulbs went, s2 replaced it but told me I wouldn't have a warrenty on the new lamp? Now 6 months later, the fan is making a terrible sound, it's embarrassing! I just want to know how I stand warrenty wise? Why would I not have a warrenty on a replacement lamp? Surely that should come with a 12 month warenty too? Please help, I can't afford to replace it! [emoji17]

Latest posts

Back