Help, my mum's table!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Help!! I've just been using acetone to get my mums acrylics off and we were leaning on her red kitchen towel - I've just gone to take towel off and her dark wood table underneath is damaged! It's a bit like fluffy glue on the table ( from the towel) and the colour has gone from part of the table! (Small area) needless to say she's not very happy!! Any help?! X

Nothing you can do really you'd have to sand and re polish the table top

Just be glad it's your mum and not a client. I wanted to die when I knocked over my polish remover at a client house. You will need to sand and re varnish for sure

Ok cool thanku! Yes you are right! X

The damage is done and you can only learn from it. I buy the plastic tablecloths with the felt flocking on the back. They are quite large so I cut them in 4 and I have nice table protectors. This is ALWAYS the first thing I put out when I begin to unpack and the last thing to get packed.
Get the white one's because acetone will remove or smear any pattern and transfer it to towels etc. If you can't find the tablecloths, shower curtains cut to size work too.

Ok that's a good idea thanku :) x

Latest posts

Back