Help need some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbeauty

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm starting up as a mobile beauty therapist in a couple of weeks and I need some last minute advice on nails...

I'm trained in manicure & pedicure & gel polish and I'm wondering for starting off should I have a selection of both normal polish and gel polish or one or the either? I'm starting off aswell so wont to keep costs down so I get money in...Can anyone advise? Maybe CND Vinylux? 7 day wear polish so a bit more than the norm polish?

thanks!! M x

Yes you will need at least a small collection of each, maybe 1 purple, 1 red, 1 pink, etc darker colours grey/brown/navy/black/dark red are all popular at the moment.

For the varnishes to start me off I bought the OPI mini's in the little collections that they come in. Then I had a selection of colours that didn't cost me too much & they didn't take up too much space!

I spent a lot of my 1st years earnings on buying more colours & replenishing & upgrading my kit.

Also, an extension lead, & clip on lamp for your table. Are also must buys!

Ooo & a work phone with a separate number, then you know it is a work call, you can leave it at home when your off. Turn it off & leave an appropriate voicemail greeting when your on holiday etc.

Good luck xx

Hi thanks for info! :)
What lamp do you suggest getting and polishes? I have salon services here but alot of people around here swear by shellac and gelish..
Should I get vinylux as I find opi chips in a day or two.
Instead of buying a table that's portable I was just going to get a lightweight beauty bed so I can do all my treatments on that.

M xx

Hi thanks for info! :)
What lamp do you suggest getting and polishes? I have salon services here but alot of people around here swear by shellac and gelish..
Should I get vinylux as I find opi chips in a day or two.
Instead of buying a table that's portable I was just going to get a lightweight beauty bed so I can do all my treatments on that.

M xx

My lamp is a clip on one from B&Q with a day light bulb, it bends to different angles aswell.

For a gel/power polish both gelish / shellac are great, & if you want to use vinlyux that is also another great product.

I just chose the OPI as I could buy lots of little ones so had a wider colour selection when starting out.

I use Bio sculpture gel so just buy their varnishes now as they match my gels & get delivered with my gels so it is convenient too.

You will probably find a beauty bed too wide for nail treatments, plus it will take up alot of space in a clients house, which you don't really need to.

A fold up table would probably be lighter to carry & also takes up less space and are sometimes height adjustable.

Xx

Latest posts

Back