Help needed - new treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellymare

Reaction score
hi, any idea's please on the best way to promote / introduce facials into my treatment offering at home? I currently do nails and beauty but don't yet offer a facial. I've chosen the brand I want to use and got everything I need Im just not sure how to kick start it, would you offer an introductionary offer or add a free something with it?? thanks

I would first create a list of different facials you can perform with the products you are buying in.
People like a choice, especially when it comes to the price.
So I would say you need to have a list of 5 to 7 different facials. As the price goes up, more gets included in the treatment.

For example, your cheapest facial could be a cleanse & mask (30 mins mini facial) for £x
Then your next one could be a basic facial (Cleanse, exfoliate, massage, mask) for £x + £10
Then a more expensive one could be an Essential oil facial (cleanse, exfoliate, essential oil massage of face, neck, decollete & arms, mask) £x + £20

and so on....
Think of some clever names to make each facial sound special. Include the brand name if it is a famous one.

For initial promotion, definitely launch them at the price you want them to be in 2 years time and then run promotions for limited time periods.
As you are already established with nail clients, I would run a promotion that combines a facial with a nail service for a discounted price. This should get you up and running with them.

hi, any idea's please on the best way to promote / introduce facials into my treatment offering at home? I currently do nails and beauty but don't yet offer a facial. I've chosen the brand I want to use and got everything I need Im just not sure how to kick start it, would you offer an introductionary offer or add a free something with it?? thanks
Ohh I'm in a similar position - what products did you decide on? I've looked at Eve Taylor, MONU and Beauty Lab.

I would first create a list of different facials you can perform with the products you are buying in.
People like a choice, especially when it comes to the price.
So I would say you need to have a list of 5 to 7 different facials. As the price goes up, more gets included in the treatment.

For example, your cheapest facial could be a cleanse & mask (30 mins mini facial) for £x
Then your next one could be a basic facial (Cleanse, exfoliate, massage, mask) for £x + £10
Then a more expensive one could be an Essential oil facial (cleanse, exfoliate, essential oil massage of face, neck, decollete & arms, mask) £x + £20

and so on....
Think of some clever names to make each facial sound special. Include the brand name if it is a famous one.

For initial promotion, definitely launch them at the price you want them to be in 2 years time and then run promotions for limited time periods.
As you are already established with nail clients, I would run a promotion that combines a facial with a nail service for a discounted price. This should get you up and running with them.
thanks that's great advice! I'll definitely do the options with different prices and tie it into a nail service, thanks again x

Ohh I'm in a similar position - what products did you decide on? I've looked at Eve Taylor, MONU and Beauty Lab.
I've decided on Eve Taylor, just a great all round deal and beautiful products, good luck! x

I found that manual facials were not popular at all and went down the electrical facial route offering microdermabrasion and non surgical facelift.
I work with the Nuderm 6 in 1 system and it really changed my income.
It' definitely something you should think about.

I personally don’t think you need machines to provide popular and results driven facials. I also don’t think you need a huge choice. We offer what I call a fluffy facial. Lots of massage and low lights and pampering but most popular are our results driven facials where we offer peels to help really prep the skin. Hugely popular.

Vic x

I've decided on Eve Taylor, just a great all round deal and beautiful products, good luck! x

Kellymare are you doing brand specific training with Eve Taylor? I absolutely love their products and am looking at doing some training in facials but wasn’t sure if they offered training

I personally don’t think you need machines to provide popular and results driven facials. I also don’t think you need a huge choice. We offer what I call a fluffy facial. Lots of massage and low lights and pampering but most popular are our results driven facials where we offer peels to help really prep the skin. Hugely popular.

Vic x
Which skin care products do you use?

We chose Eve Taylor last year and clients love the whole aromatherapy premise. It brings that spa/wellness feeling to any beauty room.

Kellymare are you doing brand specific training with Eve Taylor? I absolutely love their products and am looking at doing some training in facials but wasn’t sure if they offered training
Sorry to butt in ladies.. Eve Taylor do training. The only downside we found, is that you have to go to their site in Cambridge.

Which skin care products do you use?

We use environ as our main skincare brand and a range called Dermogenera for peels and ‘in facial’ serums which we also retail. Great products.

Vic x

yes I was hoping to, Cambridge isn't too far from where I am x

I found that manual facials were not popular at all and went down the electrical facial route offering microdermabrasion and non surgical facelift.
hi, yes I've looked at microdermabrasion and am seriously considering it, but thought best to start with manual facials to build clients away from nails and then track interest x

Hi Charlotte how do find nuderm..do u rent machine..tia ❤

Latest posts

Back