Help needed! To perm or not to perm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannabudgie

Reaction score
Hi,

I am really keen to perm my hair as I like to experiment with different styles. I have naturally dark brown hair but dyed it light blonde about 6 weeks ago, I have been doing a mixture of home dying and salon colouring for about 10 years. I'm worried that a perm on top of my bleached hair will be a bad mistake and that I might end up with no hair at all. My hair is medium length and neither think nor thin. I really want to get it permed, but would be really gratful if you could advise whether I'll be able to get a perm without really damaging my hair?

Thanks

Like you've already realised it will further damage your hair. With perm it'll definitely dry it out a lot more. One suggestion is to use curlers on your hair and curl it all over to see if you like that look in the first place. If you want to go ahead with it you should at most get weak soft curls and regularly use treatments! But I personally wouldn't do it lol.

I second everything scissorhands said, dont do it! your hair will probably melt!

Like you've already realised it will further damage your hair. With perm it'll definitely dry it out a lot more. One suggestion is to use curlers on your hair and curl it all over to see if you like that look in the first place. If you want to go ahead with it you should at most get weak soft curls and regularly use treatments! But I personally wouldn't do it lol.

Latest posts

Back