help needed Urgently!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
My friend has just called to say that one of her extensions has cracked whilst doing some housework and caused her a lot of pain and it also started bleeding!! This was the first set of nails I had put on in my CND 4 day foundation course and I am really worried in case her nail underneath has been damaged. What can I do??? Does this happen often and do nails start bleeding if you knock them??? She is coming round later to see if we can repair it or take it off. Does anyone have any urgent advice. I feel really worried about this and dont know what to do for the best.

Thanks

Laura

Hi Laura
Don't panic, it does happen sometimes - there's a post about someone doing this before and I think Geeg posted a really good way of dealing with it.

I will have a rummage around and see if I can find the original thread but it the meantime, the basics are:-

Soaking off is going to really hurt
Buffing down is going to be really painful
Best action would be to sanitise the open crack with scrubfresh - warn your client this will sting like hell, but at least you know you will have removed any germs so there will be no chance of infection at a later date.
Seal the crack with GelBond - this is hospital grade adhesive so it can safely be used on skin and open wounds.
Apply an overlay over the crack to protect it and provide some extra strength until it grows out enough to soak off and replace

HTH
T

i cracked mine really low down once and it hurt and bled like hell! Literally as soon as i had put a layer of L&P over it, it magically hurt no more!

Thank you so much for your quick reply!!! I will try and see if that works.

I dont know what I would do without this site, it is so helpful!!!!!

Thanks again

Laura

Latest posts

Back