Help, new to spray tanning!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosie payne

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was taught spray tanning as part of my makeup and hair course at college, they taught me everything like the positions and how to hold the gun etc... but they never taught us about how to clean the tent or the gun afterwards or how to protect the clients home whilst doing it! Im mainly concerned about the tan leaking through the bottom of the tent and onto there floor! So I no everything about apply the tan just not the maintenance! I'm very new to spray tanning so any advise or information would be amazing! thank you, Rosie!

I normally wash the cup out with warm water, then fill up with water and spray on couch roll till it comes out clear and then spray into tent and wipe out with either couch roll or a towel. Make sure you lay a towel outside the tent for clients to step onto x

I normally wash the cup out with warm water, then fill up with water and spray on couch roll till it comes out clear and then spray into tent and wipe out with either couch roll or a towel. Make sure you lay a towel outside the tent for clients to step onto x

thank you very much you've helped me a lot! x

I was taught to have a towel at the bottom of then tent( if not using sticky feet for clients to stand on ) and then when your finished tanning - fill the cup with warm water to spray down the tent finishing onto couch roll to make sure the nozzle is clear, then use the towel to dry out the inside of the tent ! x

Hi ladies, I was taught spray tanning as part of my makeup and hair course at college, they taught me everything like the positions and how to hold the gun etc... but they never taught us about how to clean the tent or the gun afterwards or how to protect the clients home whilst doing it! Im mainly concerned about the tan leaking through the bottom of the tent and onto there floor! So I no everything about apply the tan just not the maintenance! I'm very new to spray tanning so any advise or information would be amazing! thank you, Rosie!

I wouldn't bother with towels as they do catch the over spray but you would have to replace with a new towel for each client as they could catch infections such as athletes foot, verrucas ect.
Just keep your gun air flow down low adjustment when needed.
I Always stick with sticky feet as they cannot get tan on the soles of their feet.
The tents are made from plastic so it will hold in the solution.

I agree with the comments above and would also suggest buying a cheap plastic tarpaulin (not too big!) if you are going to clients homes. Place this under your tent and put your machine on it too as I do find a small amount of tan solution seems to escape from my machine. That way the area under and surrounding your tent is protected too. I use sticky feet and dark towels in the bottom of my tent as it can get slippery and the towels stop your clients slipping. If they are wearing sticky feet there is no risk of catching varucus etc. Also the towels are good for wiping down your tent at the end. If you are nervous about cleaning your gun, have a look on YouTube - I found several videos for cleaning, maintaining and problem solving for my particular gun on there, which was really useful. This might sound daft, but there's also a load of videos on how to fold your tent up after too and that was really helpful as there is definitely a knack to it! Good luck!

tan solution comes from machine too! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
tan solution comes from machine too! WTF?

Well, a little does from the back of mine, although not sure if it should do! It's getting a bit old now so maybe that's why. I have to wipe around the cord where it goes into the back of the machine. its not much, but obviously wouldn't want to get any on a clients floor. (I mainly do tans in my beauty room at home though)

thats so xxxx up cause the same thing in around the back of the cord happened to me. but it was caused from over spray! my machine is only 1 year old...

[removed expletive]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back