Help please bad review

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi did I deal with this Ok?
Two ladies came in yesterday for brow tint and wax. Both of them were deaf/hard of hearing , one could lip read and translated for the other both had hearing aids. I tried as best I could to give them what they wanted and double checked everything I did. As far as I knew they went out happy and smiling. I had a bad review today on Facebook page and wondered if i dealt with this the right way.?

Never again this shop for eye brow ... it been good but didn't like the colour on my eye brow as it was very dark when I ask for normal brown as it will be light eyebrow but end up dark brown :/ and when use wax it was warm but when paper to wax rip and it hurt and rip my skin off little but my friend nope very bad :( burn me bad ..my friend came with me and she have done too but she not happy either ... so we end up buy the most cost for make up remover colour to get rid the dark colour cuz our hair is very light fair ..sound stupid to have light hair with dark eyebrow :/ ....won't go there again and I will advice all my friends to not go there

Hi Bethan this is Jo from Ebony. I did your eyebrows yesterday. I am sorry that you are not happy with the service I provided and wish you had told me at the time. I did explain everything to you and took you through every stage of the process and communicated as best I could and made sure I checked with you at every point and asked if you were both happy before you left the salon and you both told me "yes" and your freind signed to me and said yes. I made sure I cared for you both as I do with every client. I took you both through a full consultation. I'm sorry you didn't like the colour you chose but you said and signed to me brown and I made sure I didn't leave it to process for too long because of your colouring, you are very fair and I did bare this in mind. I also check the heat of the wax before I apply it to every client and ask if the temperature is ok. You did not tell me it was too hot at any point. Waxing does hurt, it is an invasive treatment and there will be a histamine response which will leave redness. Again I am sorry you weren't happy. Xx

I think your response was fine xx

I agree, I personally feel your response tackled every aspect of their complaint. X

It's horrible getting a bad review. Your response was great. If I was a potential customer, it wouldn't put me off.

I've just received this message on Facebook with a photo of a burnt eye brow. The client did not leave the salon like this and I did not delete the post. The girl who is posting this is not the girl in the photo. This is very strange.

Surprise she delete my comment other day .... this is from their shop for eyebrow wax ( wax is warm but it does rip her skin ..look very bad ! No wonder she delete my comment other day ...hmmmm just starting wonder why she delete my comment. ....what a very strange this is it :/ .... sound like she got same thing to hide ..this proof from my friends

This is the photo that she has sent. The wax was not hot and I made sure I held the skin tight I asked in the consultation if they were on any medication that could thin the skin. I don't know what to make of This?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170724-003329.png
    Screenshot_20170724-003329.png
    544 KB · Views: 260
Is this my fault? Can she sue? Omg will I get the sack?
She did not leave the salon like this with anything other than normal redness :(

Is this the same client?

It's not the client that is posting, it's her friend that came with her. I waxed and tinted both of them. The client that posted translated/signed for her friend as they were both deaf.

I replied with this last night, I think my boss must have removed the complainant. Not sure if I should reply any more. I want to be as open as I can but am I doing myself any favours.

Hi Bethan
I did not remove your comment nor do I have anything to hide but yes you are absolutely right it does appear to have been taken down. I don't know if you got my first reply but I am reposting it. I kept a copy for my own records.
Hi Bethan this is Jo from Ebony. I did your eyebrows yesterday. I am sorry that you are not happy with the service I provided and wish you had told me at the time. I did explain everything to you and took you through every stage of the process and communicated as best I could and made sure I checked with you at every point and asked if you were both happy before you left the salon and you both told me "yes" and your freind signed to me and said yes. I made sure I cared for you both as I do with every client. I took you both through a full consultation. I'm sorry you didn't like the colour you chose but you said and signed to me brown and I made sure I didn't leave it to process for too long because of your colouring, you are very fair and I did bare this in mind. I also check the heat of the wax before I apply it to every client and ask if the temperature is ok. You did not tell me it was too hot at any point. Waxing does hurt, it is an invasive treatment and there will be a histamine response which will leave redness. Again I am sorry you weren't happy. Xx

Looking at it it doesn't appear to be the shape I created. The colour of her brow is lighter.
Has this happened to any one else? I feel like I'm the only one.

Could it be what they used to strip the color? If the skin was sensitized already and they scrubbed them! I have done this to my own eyebrows when it's been really hot, I guess being sweaty did it,as the wax wasn't too hot for me, I really like the shape and colour and it would only make me want to see you more, don't let it get you down, I'd just let it go and let your boss deal with it if she wishes too!

Is it possible that the picture is an old picture? As in, her brows have been burnt in the past from a previous salon and she's using the picture to complain to other salons in order to get discounts/freebies? Just a thought, all seems very strange.

If they weren't happy why not just say at the time? I think you'd know if any skin had been removed, it has happened to me before even with 10 years of doing waxing (sometimes it can happen and is just one of those things) the skin has an almost shiny texture to it, you'd know.

This is really odd... But I've had a couple of friends get false complaints, the customers were looking for freebies. It can happen. Chin up! <3

That's it it would have seen it if I had removed skin but I didn't see any thing. The picture shows the right hand side I always start on this side for it's my routine.

Please contact your insurers, they have excellent protocols for these situations. Document everything clearly and chronologically and pass is on to them. I would not take any further public action until you have spoken to them. There are people that spend their days doing this professionally. I currently have a little madam trying to sue me because she was asked not to come back to the salon due to her behaviour, however, she doesn't want to go anywhere else as it's too inconvenient for her but also wants all the money back that she has already spent! You can't write this stuff.

You did what you could at the end of the day. Unfortunately FB reviews can't be removed but responding is the best thing you can do because everyone who sees it will see the situation as well as your care/responsiveness. You can also offer a free session to make her feel better and have her delete her review. At the end of the day, people with bad experiences are the ones that always go out of their way to leave a review more than the good! It is important you take on the review exactly how you did.

Latest posts

Back