Help...salon rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Wanting advice really, the salon that I rent a beauty room in has been having problems for a few months (which I didnt know about or I wouldnt have agreed to rent there) Basically the phone line has been cut off twice for non-payment and now the electricity board has come in this morning and cut the electric off, the owner is away for weeks on holiday. I have had to go home and I am now going to loose money as I have clients booked in who I am now going to have to cancel.:mad:

Does anybody know where I stand with regards to loss of earnings etc when self-employed and something like this happens.

Any help appreciated.:rolleyes:

At the very least, you should withhold rent for the period that there is no electricity. As the salon owner can't expect you to pay rent for time when you aren't able to work due to services being cut off as a result of her non payment!

Have a word with YSL (Your Salon Lawyer) on here - they may be able to advise you further in terms of legal action you could take (e.g. suing the salon owner for loss of earnings or breach of contract or something like that)...
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back