Help - Sculpting snapping off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaloo

Reaction score
Hiya,

Have not been on for a while, but took the plunge and had a go at sculpting some stilleto's really wanted some nice nails for the weekend as I have a wedding to go to and I have sculpted some pink and whites and they keep snapping off. Now I can guess it is because i am not doing them thick enough. but any tips would be gratefully received.

ta

could it be that youre not building the stress area thick enough. remember when you sculpt to use a little more product to make up for the thickness of the tip. i often find i perform a little better with tips on coz they seem to give a little more flex. hth :D

How short are your nails?

For your first bead, take a small bead of white, place it on the form and work it up to the free-edge of the natural nail so that it looks just like an extension of the natural nail. Take a second, slilghtly larger bead and place it in zone one and carry on as normal. This will 'knit' the sculpt with the natural nails, giving a stronger apex. Hope I have explained this properly and hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back