Help! urgent! can you melt paraffin wax in the microwave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
hi! i have a client coming on half an hour for a paraffin wax manicure and its the first time i have used it - i have just read the instructions and it says it takes up to 12 HOURS for the wax to melt!!!! can it be done in the microwave if i allow it to cool well before using it on her (as I did at college I would test it on myself first to make sure it is ok) help! :eek: ps I was supposed to be setting it all up yesterday but i was ill in bed all day)

I personally wouldn't do it because it's difficult to control the temperature of the heat & you risk reaching flash point. It's better to be honest with them & offer an alternative such as hot oil treatment.

well i tried once when i wanted to do a parafin wax treatment on myself. Im not sure if it was microwave or the wax but it would not melt instead made a few loud noises and smelt of burning. wouldnt try it again :irked:

hi thanks for that, i used my old pan and melted it on a very low heat and then tested it on myself - it was fine! my client was non the wiser!:)

NEVER melt wax in a microwave. You can use the double boiler method on the stove top... You have to be SO CAREFUL with paraffin! Best of luck! :)

Can you not decant it into a metal pot and put it into your wax pot on high? x

Latest posts

Back