HELP - what am I doing wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
Hi to all you wonderful geeks out there.
I am very new to this site and I have to say I LOVE IT!!

Not only am I new to this site but also new to the world of nails and I need HELP PLEASE.

I have been very lucky in being Creative Trained but am really struggling to find clients and I don't know why. I have put adverts in local shops/post offices etc over the last couple of months but have not had a single enquiry. I have done L&P on a couple of friends, but nothing further. I know I am slow (2-2.5 hours) and I am not happy with my results, but I need practice, practice, practice to improve and I can't get it!!!

:irked:

hi what have you put on your adverts? also what prices are you charging?

hi welcome to the site.
firstly get any friends , family etc and start off by doing nails on them first to make sure that you dont have any lifting problems and you can keep an eye on your progress once you have done maintanance on the family and have no lifting problems and your application and prep are good then you can start charging the public.
you will get clients from advertising in gyms hairdressers notice boards and through word of mouth.
it takes a good year from strating out to really building up a good client base.
i would also sugest that you book a day with your creative educator on a 1 to 1 basis to tweek and sort out any problem areas you may be having.
click on "search" and type in advertising and clientelle and a whole heep of stuff will come up with posts giving great advice on buildiing your business.
hth xxx

I felt a little like that but it is true what they say, practice makes perfect. Try and do a skill building course to give you more confidence, otherwise just keep finding freinds and family to practice on.

Hi Nail Creations,

Adverts is asking for models £10 per set. Also advertising other beauty stuff (sugaring, mans/peds etc) Do you think having this other stuff on the poster could be having this effect?

Hi and welcome. I dont think having your beauty treatments will have anything to do with you not getting any clients.

All I can say is dont give up just yet. Keep praticising and try to do as much friends and families' nails as possible.

Word of mouth is one of the best ways of advertising.

Goodluck.

You've got to hustle your bustle and not rely on adverts to get business. Get out and about and drop your cards everywhere you go.
Offer to do the nails of some of the local people who are in the public eye ... such as: check-out personnel in the local supermarket, anyone who owns a dress or clothing shop, your hair stylist etc. friends who work .... list goes on and on. The best way to get business is to show off what you do and have happy customers telling others about it. Make your terms clear from the beginning. Like .. you'll do their nails for 2 months for nothing (after that they pay) but every referral for a new set that comes from them will get them a 1/2 price rebalance once after that. Good deal.

Hi Geeg,

Thanks v.much for the advice. I do leave my business card absolutely everywhere I go. When I have done some new airbrushed nail art I ask all my friends and friends friends for their opinions and they all seem to give me positive feedback but still don't get anything from it. Am beginning to think that maybe I am coming across as too pushy maybe?

Latest posts

Back