Help, who to send gel/polishes with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantastic86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've sold a large lot of nail art pens and gel polishes on eBay... but now I can't find any courier that will ship them! It's ridiculous as Large companies send out in large quantities all the time.

I'm posting around 15 gels and 20 nail polishes... any advice? Otherwise I'm going to have to refund the auction as can't find a courier grrr.

X

Hi everyone,

I've sold a large lot of nail art pens and gel polishes on eBay... but now I can't find any courier that will ship them! It's ridiculous as Large companies send out in large quantities all the time.

I'm posting around 15 gels and 20 nail polishes... any advice? Otherwise I'm going to have to refund the auction as can't find a courier grrr.

X

The Post Office, as well as other couriers, impose restrictions on sending specific items, mainly to do with weights and liquids.

So far as the Post Office are concerned, you may only send nail varnish, polish or gel, up to a maximum weight of 30ml per item, only 4 bottles/pots may be sent at a time, and a hazards warning label must be applied to the package.

The Post Office, as well as other couriers, impose restrictions on sending specific items, mainly to do with weights and liquids.

So far as the Post Office are concerned, you may only send nail varnish, polish or gel, up to a maximum weight of 30ml per item, only 4 bottles/pots may be sent at a time, and a hazards warning label must be applied to the package.

Thanks noodle, yes this is what I'm coming up against with all the courier companies I've checked with... I certainly don't want to send and be prosecuted! I think I am going to have to cancel the transaction. However I am curious as to how everyone is managing to send these items in bulk! It's something I hadn't considered before posting the auction.

Split them in many packages and send.
Or don't mention at all what's inside, although I don't know how that works there. We don't have such problems here and couriers don't ask questions regarding content unless you request fridge service in which case they ask if it's food related.

Collect+ dont ask whats inside just the value for insurance purposes... they are mega cheap too for heavy parcels & you can drop at a local collection point rather than wait in for pick up.

Tho if you read the t's & c's it might be in there so morally/legally it might not be right... xx

Collect+ dont ask whats inside just the value for insurance purposes... they are mega cheap too for heavy parcels & you can drop at a local collection point rather than wait in for pick up.

Tho if you read the t's & c's it might be in there so morally/legally it might not be right... xx

These are actually prohibited items with CollectPlus as well:

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/faqs-new/

These are actually prohibited items with CollectPlus as well:

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/faqs-new/

I Did wonder.. its a shame as they are brilliant for big & heavy deliveries & much cheaper than the Post Office. Is it a safety issue as they are flammable or because they contain glass (most couriers wont insure glass) xx

I Did wonder.. its a shame as they are brilliant for big & heavy deliveries & much cheaper than the Post Office. Is it a safety issue as they are flammable or because they contain glass (most couriers wont insure glass) xx

Yes, most probably because they're flammable.

Royal Mail will accept them, but only within the limitations as mentioned above.

How do the distributors send them via courier? I've had large quantities delivered in one package

How do the distributors send them via courier? I've had large quantities delivered in one package

I really don't know how distributors get around these restrictions, but I do know that Sweet Squared last year advised their customers that quantities of their large decantable solutions had been reduced to fall in line with these restrictions.

I always assumed they negotiated the terms on big contracts where they were sending a lot of parcels. Increased fees/insurance costs etc.

You can usually get round most things if you have the money/budget too lol xx

Latest posts

Back