Help with BT4 Maintain and Improve Facial Skin Condition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loverbella

Reaction score
Hi All

Er this is the first time I have posted on here and would really appreciate some help, if possible!

I am currently doing an assignment for NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy : BT4 Maintain and Improve Facial Skin Conditions and am stuck on a particular question.

I have been using my text book, Beauty Therapy by Jane Hiscock and Frances Lovett and have been searching on the internet but to no avail.

I'm not asking for the answers, just if anyone can give me some pointers on where I might find some help!

The particular question I am stuck on is:

Explain how a facial treatment would differ for the following skin types:

a) Combination
b) Oily
c) Dry
d) Young
e) Mature
(Consider the use of steam, extraction, mask therapy etc)

If anyone can help I would be most grateful!! Looking like this at the moment :irked: isn't good for my wrinkles! So any suggestions would be gladly received!

Thank you xxx

You could poss do a table?

Would you use different facial products in certain areas of the face?

for dry skin you would use enriching products to put moisture into the skin

for oily you wouldnt do a facial if you had open weeping spots, you may need to do extraction of comedones so steaming would be a good way of incorporting this into the treatment

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it! :lol:

Which particular bit are you stuck on?

Yes, explaining which bits you are stuck on will help. However, I was stumped on the same question, so a pointer would be to look at each aspect of a facial, for e.g. Cleansing, toning, exfoliating, heat treatments, Mask (made, not product range... i.e rose water, Magnesium sulphate, ect ect) moisturising, and by confirming how you would amend this for each of the skin types. for e.g. would you use a heat treatment, and if so, which would you use, Hot towels or Steam. The bit in the brackets is trying to guide you as to what to consider. In your textbook, you need to read really carefully, but it will confirm skin types that that section of the treatment is suitable for. I hope this helps.

Thank you all for your help, think I've cracked it!!! As soon as I get the result I'll let you all know!!!

Latest posts

Back