Help with enhancements/free edge separation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jora

Reaction score
I am having problems with 2 clients. Thier enhancements, wether I use Gels(Brisa) or Acrylic(Creative) will not stay at free edge. Both clients are very careful with nails, gloves ,solar oil, regular appointments etc. I don't know what to do. It seems that as soon as free edge grows out enhancement pops off, no lifting at cuticle. Please help. I hope I have given enough information.
Thanks
Holly

Hi Jora,
Do a search (top right corner of screen) for Capping....this should help!!!

HTH
Clare

This is common when the nails of the client reach the end of the nail enhancment after filing etc and several rebalances etc the nails end up being a bit like an overlay where the acrylic or gel is covering the whole nail and the free edge of the nail is the same length as the free edge of the acrylic or which ever system you are using. The natural nails when longer can tend to curl at the edges slighty and therefore can come away slowly and I guess this is whats happening with some of your clients each time you file the length down you will need to seal over the end with a small layer of acrylic to seal around the clients nails and the enhancement this should prevent it. I think this must be what the turtorial is about. Have a read and hopefully you wont experience this again I do this with my clients now when their nails come away after a while at the ends on the edges file them and reshape then seal edge. Its a pain isnt it as you dont expect this to happen from the free edge but dont worry if your cuticle area is fine your not doing anything wrong. xx

Latest posts

Back