Help with hair section

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgieee17

Reaction score
m not sure this is the right board for this. I'm actually qualified for lash lifts and tints but I am asking advice on my hair
Due to mainly lack of time (two kids one being a little baby) I'm going to attempt to colour my own hair. I've done a lot of research and getting myself confused as where to start applying colour. Do you start at the front or the back? I've read you start at the front as you want there to grab colour for full processing time but also read that you should start at crown as it's generally darker ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, as this site is supporting professional hairdressers and beauty therapists, it's against Forum rules to post technical advice to diy-ers.

If you live near a college offering hairdressing courses, you could consider booking in as a model for one of the students to practice on. They are fully supervised and will be using professional salon quality products but only charge a fraction of the price.

With box dyes, you risk the colour taking unevenly whereas, if you go to the college, you could book in for highlights, balayage or colour melt, although you'd need to be booked in with a senior class for the more advanced techniques.

Thanks for your reply. I think the problem with going to a college is that it takes even longer than a salon.

Latest posts

Back