Help with Lycon hot wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesley Heaney

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently trained with the Lycon hot wax and am really enjoying using it but just having one problem. I find that the wax isn't going hard and sometimes stays soft and is hard to get off the skin as it's so soft. I've tried putting cold water on a cotton wool pad and dabbing it on the wax to cool it but this doesn't help much.
Has any-one else had this problem? It's really annoying as it's slowing me down and it didn't happen on the training day.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Many thanks,

I trained in lycon a few years ago and I feel your frustration! Sometimes when it doesn't set it could be to do with the thickness that your applying, which lycon wax are you using? What temperature have you got your heater on? Also I find when it's a little warmer outside and inside the wax takes that little bit longer to set too, how long are you leaving it until you try to take off? I do know applying a little of the pre waxing oil over the wax helps it to set a little quicker X

Last edited:
You can also try applying a little talc, that can really help it set [emoji3]

Thanks, I will try both of those techniques. I have the aloe vera gel wax which is lovely but is tending to stay soft and so when I go to pull it off it just goes all goey. I have the heater on setting 4 - is that right? I'm not sure how long I leave it but I usually have 2-3 patches on at a time drying and can't seem to get any more on as I need the hair free area to apply the next patch. I tried to e-mail lycon but no reply, am not overly impressed with their customer service so far.

I have been having the same problem with the pink wax and the purple lycojet...when I place a damp cotton disc over the wax it cracks! Interested to see how you resolve this issue as it's slowing me down too.

I think they said that if it cracks the wax has been applied too thin. I did another brazilian today and it was so warm in my room and it look about an hour to do it and the wax was so soft and gooey. I'm really struggling with it as it wasn't like this at the training day but then their rooms were very cool!

With all hot waxes the temperature effects the treatment if the clients body temperature is hotter it takes longer too set so summer is longer and winter shorter times. I personally use waxxxpress as they sell a fast setting spray for there hot waxes too speed up treatment times in hot atmospheres xxx

Have any of you tried lyco jet as this is. Meant for the problem of heat effecting body temp and the wax

Have any of you tried lyco jet as this is. Meant for the problem of heat effecting body temp and the wax

Yeah I use the lycojet and it still happens, I tried the tip of oil on a cotton disc on top and it seemed to set better today.

Latest posts

Back