Help with prices please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe Phillips

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm due to finish my nail training on Monday. I have trained in gel nail extensions, gel polish and nail art. I'm almost set up with products, nail station etc.
what would be an average price for me to set?
There is someone near me who's advertising gel polish at £12 and gel extensions with polish for £17. I can't afford to go that low, I'm using gelish.
I'm going to do introductory offers until I feel confident enough. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Hi guys I'm due to finish my nail training on Monday. I have trained in gel nail extensions, gel polish and nail art. I'm almost set up with products, nail station etc.
what would be an average price for me to set?
There is someone near me who's advertising gel polish at £12 and gel extensions with polish for £17. I can't afford to go that low, I'm using gelish.
I'm going to do introductory offers until I feel confident enough. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated xx
In Australia the going price in the suburbs is $20 which converts to £9.78 its a bit more expensive in the city where the rich business people work

Thats just for the gel polish though

Thanks for your reply.
I'm in the UK, sorry should have put that x

Wow that's Cheap! I'm in a fairly small town with lots of beauty salons and nail bars and I don't know anywhere that does extensions for less than £25 and gel overlays are always atleast £20 and that's the mobile technicians!

Our Nail services are £20 standard colour gel (OPI) £25 for French and £30 for extentions

Wow at your prices Kirstie, cost of living must be cheap in Oz...I'm moving lol

Thanks guys.
It's beyond me how she can do it so cheap. Her pictures aren't all that great but she seems to be quite busy. X

Hi so I've recently done quite a few workshops and courses at The Centre, Edinburgh and the beat advice I was given for starting out is start at the price you want to get people paying before discounts. They advise that a shellac manicure shouldn't be cheaper than £25...not sure about gelish prices I'm afraid. And then offer discounts from that price. It makes it easier to just take an offer off rather than tell people your prices are going up. Hope I've explain that so it makes sense lol

I've done a 20% discount for starting out. And a few offers like I had book in may and get second treatment half price.

Don't sell yourself short either, you want good clientele to come back. Some people are happier to pay a little extra to know they are getting a good service.

Hope that helps a bit. X

That's great advice. Thank u x

Hey!! I have been using Gelish for over 2 years now and when I first started I was working in a salon and was charging £10 whilst getting the hang of it. I then started charging £15. I am now self employed and have gone up to £20. I'm from Coventry and this seems a reasonable price to charge however I would like to go up to £25 as I am mobile but fear that I may loose my existing clients and not gain any more. So do abit of research around your area to see what people are charging but definitely don't start at £12! Aim higher around the £15 mark if you are confident enough that you can do a great job, I think £15 is very reasonable. Just make sure you make it clear it's a introductory offer x

When I start im planning on charging £15 for within 3 miles and then charge a little for over 3 miles. As well as posting leaflets with two 20% vouchers on. Im currently just practising at the min.

I'm going to do an introductory offer of £15 for Gelish polish. I will make it very clear that it's a limited offer only.
Xx

Our Nail services are £20 standard colour gel (OPI) £25 for French and £30 for extentions

We have those asian discount salons practically on every corner so its a lot of competition for everyone meaning cheap services for the clients. Its only basic beauty services that are cheap here (nails, waxing, tinting) the more advanced treatments are a lot more expensive as there is not as much competition

Im mobile & I charge £22 for a shellac manicure (French or colour) £25 if having a removal of product & a reapplication x

I have family in the UK and whenever they come here they always go crazy over our meat prices, especially our bacon. Haha. Apparently its extremely cheap compared to where they live

I would definitely charge 20 £for gel polish (colour) and 5£ extra for french and nail art . For hard gel extension 30 at least .We should never price our job too low

Most salons around me in rural Somerset, charge £20 upwards for gel polish such as shellac, geleration, OPI etc.
Personally I have 3 price bands £23 (shellac standard colour), £26 (glitter added) and £30 (full nail art). It gives a sliding scale so if someone falls midway in what they've had I charge appropriately and record it on their consultation card.

Depressingly though someone has just started up in a hair salon in the local town only charging £15 for gel on hands AND toes! :( No brand names are mentioned but I think she is all qualified.
On the up side though the photos of her work on their FB page are not very good :)

Just jumping on this post!;)

I've just finished training in UV gel (belissima gel) manicure and extensions/sculptors and pedicure. I'm looking at seeing prices as follows:

Full set gel £20
French finish £25
Extensions £30
Nail art £1 per nail
Gel pedicure £15
Gel hands and toes £30

As introductory offers I've been thinking things like 20% off all treatments until xxx (gives me time to become confident but an end date so people know it's not a price increase) or mother and daughter offers such as two gel manicures £35 two gel pedicure £25? I've been thinking of pamper parties with glass of prosseco included but not sure if that's a good option as a newbie though cos if someone has 5 people booked in it could take me 5hr to do 5 gel manis and I think that's pushing it so then I would have to limit the number of clients per party? Anyone do pamper parties who could advise on this? Pros are that I get good takings from one evenings work but worry that if I showed myself to thin it might come across as rushed out unorganised and give me a bad rep immediately!! o_O anyway, sorry for going on a bit any advise greatly received!!

X

Just jumping on this post!;)

I've just finished training in UV gel (belissima gel) manicure and extensions/sculptors and pedicure. I'm looking at seeing prices as follows:

Full set gel £20
French finish £25
Extensions £30
Nail art £1 per nail
Gel pedicure £15
Gel hands and toes £30

As introductory offers I've been thinking things like 20% off all treatments until xxx (gives me time to become confident but an end date so people know it's not a price increase) or mother and daughter offers such as two gel manicures £35 two gel pedicure £25? I've been thinking of pamper parties with glass of prosseco included but not sure if that's a good option as a newbie though cos if someone has 5 people booked in it could take me 5hr to do 5 gel manis and I think that's pushing it so then I would have to limit the number of clients per party? Anyone do pamper parties who could advise on this? Pros are that I get good takings from one evenings work but worry that if I showed myself to thin it might come across as rushed out unorganised and give me a bad rep immediately!! o_O anyway, sorry for going on a bit any advise greatly received!!

X
What's the difference between your full set and extensions? Do you mean overlay for 20?

WWoops, sorry yeah I mean full set overlays and set of extensions. X

Latest posts

Back