Help with pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I qualified in level 2 nails in May this year and have been doing really well with clients but quite a lot have told me I'm too cheap and I should raise my prices. I've been charging £7 for gel polish, £15 for a full set of acrylics (with gel polish) and £13 for an infill. I've attached some pics of my work, how much do you think I should be charging? Thanks x

nails.jpg nails1.jpg nails2.jpg nails3.jpg nails4.jpg

whatever you believe you are (and should be) worth!

Your qualified...... your work is good, your prices should reflect that!!! Starting off low is never a good idea as it can sometimes attracts the wrong type of client. Don't be surprised if some of your "bargain hunters" leave, that wouldn't be a reflection on you or your work. I would give everybody a fair warning, maybe "As of Jan 2017 prices will be increasing from £xx to £xx" stick to it, don't offer discounts, maybe the occasional offer, but never discounted prices, it cheapens what we do! Good luck x

wow - I think you are definitely undercharging for your work . your work looks amazing

I started on my own a couple of months ago & wish I'd of found this site before I got going as I stupidly did a special offer of 50% off for shellac mani in my first month £7.50!!! - yes brilliant I was soooooo busy, but once I put my prices up to £15 you don't see them again (as others have said these are the people who move around looking for a bargain) I didn't & don't want these kind of people so I haven't done my self any favours :-(
I should be moving in April next year so I'm putting this down to experience and when I set up at my new home - 300 miles away - I'm going to start as I mean to go on and take some advice off the pro's on here. I'm also thinking too in January b4 I move to slightly increase my prices as I think now £15 for a shellac mani is too cheap especially when training & on going training isn't cheap

good luck xx

I love your work!!!!

Thanks everyone, definitely going to put my prices up xx

Your nails look beautiful. I definitely think you should be charging more.

You should work our your costings per treatment including products, time, room rental, electricity, etc. Then decide how much you would like to make per hour. Don't forget you pay tax at the end of the year too.

I use CND Shellac instead of Gel polish and they recommend £25 for nail shaping, cuticle work and polish x

You'll be fine raising your prices! Your work is very beautifully and it looks as if you work diligently and people will not mind paying more for that!

Your work is great id happily pay £25-£30 for your work x

Thanks everyone for the great advice and lovely comments :) xx

I think your work is great, and if the market in St Helens is tolerant of higher prices you should definitely put up prices. We recommend no less than £15 for gel a polish manicure anywhere in the country, and preferably £20-£30. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back