Help with Rusk Elimin8 please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browneyed gal

Reaction score
Hi, I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice on my dilemma,

I done a colour correction on Saturday using risk elimin8, it got it up to a decent shade, the lady in question would like to eventually like to have her own hair colour back, which is mixture of one side of her head a 7.34, and her other side a 7.3,
I'm being serious, she also has one set of blonde eyelashes the other browny

I put a colour touch 7.1 to kill some of the warmth because she doesn't want it a bright as her natural 7.34, but it grabbed so much it took her straight back down to what she came in with, which was a 44.0

I'm now thinking I should of played it safe with a colour on the 8 tones!!

I would really want to know what you guys think, or if anyone knows Rusk's uk helpline,
Any advice will be warmly excepted xxxx
Sorry about the long post😉

when I use any colour removal products I always go a shade lighter for the final colour choice then desired level as it tends to go that bit darker (cos of removal)

Hi, thanks for your reply, she's back in tomorrow, so hopefully it be be resolved and she'll leave a happy bunny!! xx

So the lady came back in, and we done 1 application of elimin8, and she was happy to leave without having a colour placed over it, because we got it fairly near the own naturally colour, all was well, until she washed it that night to get rid of the smell!!
And it's gone dark again!

I told her to use a clarifying Shampoo, went she did wash it,

I just don't get why it's gone dark again, I followed the instructions to a T,
the only thing I can think of is to treat stage 3 as a neutralizer as in a perm!! And not wash the hair for 72 hrs!!
Please can anyone shed any light on this because it's bugging me and I can't find the uk helpline number
Thanks in advance xx

Can anyone help me purrrrrleasssseeeeee xx

So the lady came back in, and we done 1 application of elimin8, and she was happy to leave without having a colour placed over it, because we got it fairly near the own naturally colour, all was well, until she washed it that night to get rid of the smell!!
And it's gone dark again!

I told her to use a clarifying Shampoo, went she did wash it,

I just don't get why it's gone dark again, I followed the instructions to a T,
the only thing I can think of is to treat stage 3 as a neutralizer as in a perm!! And not wash the hair for 72 hrs!!
Please can anyone shed any light on this because it's bugging me and I can't find the uk helpline number
Thanks in advance xx

As daft as it sounds have you looked on the packet/instructions ?

I'm sure the only reason it can go dark is due to rinsing ie not long enough. I have used elimin8 loads of times and never had a prob

Hi.

Yes you should rinse it for a long long time and put the stage 3 product on and leave it for at least 10 mins. Tell her not to wash it for 3 days as it can go dark again. Yes it acts like a neutraliser because it contains peroxide and re-oxidises the hair again, which is why it goes darker.

I once bleached my own hair, then coloured over it, then the following week I stripped the color out using elimin8 because it was too dark. The first 2 stages of using rusk stripped the color nicely, then when I put the stage 3 on, my hair went completely dark again. Apparently this is normal.

But again, make sure you rinse it loads and apply plenty off stage 3 product and leave it for the full development time. Then advice not to wash it for 3 days, just in case it re-oxidises again. :biggrin:

Yes, have read the info! That's why I'm asking for some advice from someone who might have a little more experience with the product!

I rinsed for well over the recommended time it gives, and after stage 3 was still looking and feeling good

from what ive read the stage 3 is a developer (3%) as a check to ensure that all colour is removed, therefore apply stage 3 and if colour darkens again then you havent removed all of the artificial colour so this is whats re-oxidised and gone darker. therefore apply the first step again until all colour is removed. maybe use added heat to ensure better removal.
as for the shampooing thing this could be a similar reaction, the shampoo has oxidised the residual colour molecules causing the hair to darken again

it sounds to me that the colour hasnt been rinsed correctly.
colour removers like this work by reducing the size of the colour molecule inside the hair, so that they are able to slip back out from the hair. if it isnt rinsed properly or for long enough or if the directions havent been followed to a t, then the colour molecule will simply swell again inside the shaft as soon as it is touched by peroxide, as sound like the case when u put on a 7 and it turned into a 4. if you are SURE u did everything exactly as it shud have been contact rusk x

Latest posts

Back