Hi i'm new to geeks, what is a stylists hourly rate please? thanks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Reaction score
:)just starting up a blow dry bar.....what level staff of staff experience is needed and how much should I be paying......ultimately I want to ensure good customer service and experience.

are you a hairdresser?
Will you be working there?
Will you be employing a manager?
Will you be employing a junior?

All these things will contribute to the answers we can give you x

Also is it exclusively blow drying? Or cuts, hair ups, colours etc?

I intend to manage the salon and employ stylists. I would also look to offer blowdrying and hair-up, no cutting or colouring. x

If theonly skills you need are blow drying, then I would have thought minimum wage and no juniors.
Someone else can correct me, but is blow drying level 1?

Yup. My junior that has just started level two with me is a competent blow drier- and has done blow drying assessment at college. She did it through school, one afternoon a week for a year I think.

So 16 year old's minimum wage would be the answer.

About £3.55 isn't it?

Sorry but i dont see the point in that .What if the client wants her hair trimmed or her roots touched up she has to go to a salon along the road so why would she not go to them for her blowdry as my husband who is a gardener has just said thats like him strimming the edge of the grass but he doesnt cut the rest

The idea behind blow dry bars is that it's quick and cheap, and caters for huge volumes of people. There is one in Selfridges.

The difficulty will always be recruitment, as good hairdressers wouldn't want to just do blow dries, and there is little money unless you do tons. So it is hard physical work for a low return.

If you are in an area full of professional women who need to be groomed, and can find staff who will work early /late , and can get the huge volumes in, then it would work. In a small town/provinces, I can't see it.

The London ones are still going, but I have no idea how they are getting on.

I'm just imagining how sore the shoulders and neck would be after a full day of just blowdrys :eek:

Well you would have to do a minimum of 15 a day to cover costs if you only have 3 or4 stylists working. I wouldnt want to do it for a living personally.

Latest posts

Back