Highlight and lowlight job gone dark grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minpinmamma

Reaction score
So have gone back twice already for a correction and now I give up. I am in winnipeg MB and truly gave up my search for a colorist now!! About the 12th one now gas screwed up badly!!! All of whom after turning my very bright platinum highlights and darker 5 or 6a lowlights to either an orange mess or an ashy grey mess 5 shades darker than I wanted. Still charging me 180 and hiding bleeding in back or sides.

So I have in between self taught slowly and over and over I got better, just get tired of doing.

Anyhow. This last time she has again put one row
HLS (highlight)and one LLs (lowlight)then toned the orange and made me dark grey and 5 times darker I want to be. If want my platinum hl and dark 'll back still in a darker shade just very few though, and still ash base, what is best correction process???. I have everything at home. Last time I went back she put bunch of foils an still too dark, Should I start with cream dev rinse maybe with some natural toner for pigment first? Or high lift 12 with 20 dev first, to remove grey, then highlight again? I am lost!!!! I am embarrassed and people are thinking I have gone grey!!! I only have today to fix....please help!!!!! Anyone who is certain?

Attachments

• 14871850457851483078982.jpg
    14871850457851483078982.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Ok send a pic what your wanting to your stylist to achieve and send us a pic wants been done. It could be that you and the stylist are getting your wires crossed. Have you showed the stylist a picture of what you want

Photos would be helpful, but don't put highlift tint on already processed hair

So have gone back twice already for a correction and now I give up. I am in winnipeg MB and truly gave up my search for a colorist now!! About the 12th one now gas screwed up badly!!! All of whom after turning my very bright platinum highlights and darker 5 or 6a lowlights to either an orange mess or an ashy grey mess 5 shades darker than I wanted. Still charging me 180 and hiding bleeding in back or sides.

So I have in between self taught slowly and over and over I got better, just get tired of doing.

Anyhow. This last time she has again put one row
HLS (highlight)and one LLs (lowlight)then toned the orange and made me dark grey and 5 times darker I want to be. If want my platinum hl and dark 'll back still in a darker shade just very few though, and still ash base, what is best correction process???. I have everything at home. Last time I went back she put bunch of foils an still too dark, Should I start with cream dev rinse maybe with some natural toner for pigment first? Or high lift 12 with 20 dev first, to remove grey, then highlight again? I am lost!!!! I am embarrassed and people are thinking I have gone grey!!! I only have today to fix....please help!!!!! Anyone who is certain?
I just posted a pic. Now keep in mind I wanted a very 12 vanilla and tiny amounts of ash lowlights. Posted picture and I did bring in pic that I had on web. It's about 90 percent van blond and 10 percent dark choc color.

I just posted a pic. Now keep in mind I wanted a very 12 vanilla and tiny amounts of ash lowlights. Posted picture and I did bring in pic that I had on web. It's about 90 percent van blond and 10 percent dark choc color.

Please just be aware that the hair professionals using this site are not permitted to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are unqualified.

I'm afraid we're not allowed to give you much information but I would really go to a salon for a colour correction because that colour doesn't even look real...
I'd suggest maybe looking around further afield for a new hairdresser and taking in photos of what you're looking for. I wouldn't even know where to start with that. It looks photoshopped. Sorry we can't help

Sorry guys have been trying to get together everything you guys wanted. So my original pic is above. It actually looks pretty nice but it's not I look grey, everybody says it. Attached is more of the shade of blonde want with like I said only 10 percent brow. So d I start with 20 per dev wash or mix natural high lift blonde to remove grey ash out of blonde first...the. go back with more foils? Please???

Attachments

• cf1d4f29cf2d22a515f61c7d71ec70fd.jpg
    cf1d4f29cf2d22a515f61c7d71ec70fd.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 62
I'm afraid we're not allowed to give you much information but I would really go to a salon for a colour correction because that colour doesn't even look real...
I'd suggest maybe looking around further afield for a new hairdresser and taking in photos of what you're looking for. I wouldn't even know where to start with that. It looks photoshopped. Sorry we can't help
Why d you think I hate colour? This obviously is me in my living room. Having huge panic attack. I have been reading others and all I want is what would you do? If you don't feel comfortable answering...don't!! But if willing to help a sister in the worst possible time of life...almost as bad to me as looking at my hair after full rounds of lung cancer chemo 4 yrs ago!! Anyone who can take time I would send out good charma

Sorry guys have been trying to get together everything you guys wanted. So my original pic is above. It actually looks pretty nice but it's not I look grey, everybody says it. Attached is more of the shade of blonde want with like I said only 10 percent brow. So d I start with 20 per dev wash or mix natural high lift blonde to remove grey ash out of blonde first...the. go back with more foils? Please???

This picture is a nice golden blonde. I know it doesn't help your situation right now but I would honestly go to a salon and ask them to do it for you, professional colours would be so much better than over the counter products
If you can get your hands on some evo fabuloso it would be great to easy tone at home, it comes in a array of colours good luck x

I'm sorry you're upset, but I have to follow the rules of the site. All I can say is don't use highlift, you will wreck your hair! You need gold and lots of it to neutralise the ash. It's hard to analyse from a picture I really suggest going to a professional. I'm sorry I can't be of much help.

I'm sorry you're upset, but I have to follow the rules of the site. All I can say is don't use highlift, you will wreck your hair! You need gold and lots of it to neutralise the ash. It's hard to analyse from a picture I really suggest going to a professional. I'm sorry I can't be of much help.
The sad thing is that I have already gone back twice! This is way better than it was! I am so frustrated and this is exactly what I end up doing myself sometimes. Each time I go it's either orange or too dark and ashy. I thought I could come here for help. I am certified and part of association but am able to still give 'opinion based suggestion' then still suggest to be sure to attend local office. I will look elsewhere wish I didn't spend time figuring out how to upload pics and then searching for my desired goal pic to download then upload that. I could have been searching hair boards....or calling Clariol for professional help.

This is a disaster and not something that should be attempted from home.
It can be fixed easily f you have sound knowledge of hair but I would not recommend you doing this from home. Especially without Cureplex or Olaplex.

I will look elsewhere wish I didn't spend time figuring out how to upload pics and then searching for my desired goal pic to download then upload that. I could have been searching hair boards....or calling Clariol for professional help.

I hope you find a good colourist soon.
If you'd read the sticky post at the top of the forum before posting, you'd have saved yourself the bother. .

We understand your frustration but there is no need to be impatient with us.

Latest posts

Back