Hiring a nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FabFusion

Reaction score
As a business owner, I am currently looking for another Nail Tech, the last one was not prepared to work specified hours! I am getting frustrated with it now, but I have so much business to offer someone! Is it fair to specify days, hours & pay, even though you really work for yourself?

Ie: Thur-Sat 10-6(longer if required) £45.00

Also what would you say is fair rent(realistically) with this one, I do all the advertising and talk to my clients, etc

I would really appreciate some really honest opinions here (HELP)

Cheers x x :eek:

where abouts in leeds are you based as this would make a difference

Horsforth, which is only 4 miles out of Leeds city centre

i think that you should have some say. e.g. hours per week but not their hours. why dont you hire another nail tech

where in horsforth are you?

Thats what I mean, I must have a say as its my business, but what is a realistic amount to charge? What do most of you get charged? I have a posting on here for new nail tech so fingers crossed

do you rent her a table for £45 for 3 days

That was just an example!!!!! Thats what the ie is for

well i think about £35 per day is fine

r you going to supply the products?

HUn, it's your business and you can ask what you like!! Trouble is will people take it up? I would!!! For where I live you're not charging too much (£15 a day), and if you are as busy as you say then it would be a great opportunity for someone. Would you supply the products, advertising etc. in this price? There are a lot of people who can only work part time and I think if you amde it clear from the start that although they are self employed that they must be present in the salon for the specified time then there shouldn't be any problems.

If you do a search o her about renting space, you will see it from the renters perspective and give you loads of info!

Thankyou thats been my exact attitude! Perhaps I've been put off previously by my other nail tech! Cheers

Latest posts

Back