Holes in Brisa Finishing Gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zobo

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone experienced the same ...............

I recently applied a full set of gel sculpts on myself and when i had cured the finishing gloss, the next day i noticed 2 tiny "holes" almost on more than one nail.
Could this be that i applied the gloss to thinly or is it my dodgy finishing?!!

when you say holes do you mean like little matte patches? I used to get that with IBD ultra seal. looked like little puddles of matteness. someone said it was dust, i thought maybe the surface i put it on was too smooth, i tried it thicker, thinner you name it i tried it. but to be honest, it seemed like it was just hit or miss with it. so i stopped using it and used just clear ibd gel from a pot instead.
xx

Hiya...with the Brisa Finishing Gloss it does need to be applied a tad thicker and cured for the full 2 mins....are these holes bubbles at all...if so try working a little slower with it. Could the holes be in the final layer of gel that you did and not actually in the gloss...if so buff nice and smooth b4 you add the gloss remembering to scrubfresh after buffing.

If i think of anything eles i will let you know...HTH xxxx

Its more like i've missed a bit while applying!
I tried going thicker and now I have a strange dip in one of them! - its seems to be exactly the same place im missing each time - and now im left with a lumpy nail!
Im glad I tried this on myself and not a client.......

Im starting to wonder if its a patch where I missed some gel when doing my builder layer???

This was also my first re-balance with Brisa so I will check my trouble-shooting notes, i just cant seem to get to grips with it :sad:

Did You Wipe The Finished Product With Scrub Fresh Or Anything Else - If You Did Then The Gel Wont "stick" - Just Buff To A Matt Finish, Brush Off The Dust - Then Apply Your Gel - This Should Work

So, am I supposed to scrubfresh after filing the final layer prior to applying the UV Finishing Gloss or not? I'm confused... I thought not, but Ange, you're saying to do so??

Katy

you DONT USE SCRUBFRESH - just buff the nails off - thn dust off - then apply gel top coat

gooood, thanks PP, that is what I've been doing and shall continue to :)

Actaully - I do SF.

Finish with a 180 (what you are describing sounds like shrinkage from a smooth spot)... Dust... ScrubFresh... and a thin coat of UV finishing gloss.

HTH's :wink2:

I always scrubfresh after dusting....it has never effected my gloss....

The dip you are talking about sounds to me like a problem with your builder layer of gel...as gloss is so self leveling i couldn't get it lumpy if i tried.....i think your lump/dent is there b4 you add the gloss.

For me i do the following...

Prep
tip
s/f nat nail
bonder
thin first layer (scrubbed into nail)
cure
builder layer
cure
then i wipe and shape if needed to get perfect
dust and wipe with s/f
white gel
cure
clear gel (this will fill any dents you may have missed)
cure
wipe, final buff and s/f (from this point the nails should be finished as i dont believe that you can rectify any dents with the gloss at this point)
gloss
cure
wipe
oil

This is how i do it and it works for me.......HTH xxxx

OK, im confused! Some of you are saying scrubfresh- some say you dont! I was taught to remove the sticky uncured layer with scrubfresh after final layer of clear/pink, buff scrubfresh again - then apply gloss

I did this again and still came away with a dent in the side although it was completely smooth as i made sure of this when on my final buff

I then thought it was a curing problem so i tested my lamp out with another set of bulbs although i've only had the previous set in for 2 weeks. The result was the same!!

Could it be the finishing gloss?

Peter Pan said:
you DONT USE SCRUBFRESH - just buff the nails off - thn dust off - then apply gel top coat

HMM i use scrubfresh too............ works for me

zobo said:
OK, im confused! Some of you are saying scrubfresh- some say you dont! I was taught to remove the sticky uncured layer with scrubfresh after final layer of clear/pink, buff scrubfresh again - then apply gloss

I did this again and still came away with a dent in the side although it was completely smooth as i made sure of this when on my final buff

I then thought it was a curing problem so i tested my lamp out with another set of bulbs although i've only had the previous set in for 2 weeks. The result was the same!!

Could it be the finishing gloss?

hi

check your gloss application before you cure for even coverage and make sure you hold the side wall back when applying. i always use scub fresh before i apply my gloss finish, and to remove the dispersion layer. ;)

HTH :D

Hi

I found that it just happened after I done a rebalance on myself, maybe I overfiled on one side.

I done another set on my nail trainer and it didnt happen again so im sure it was all down to my bad application and filing as its quite difficult to file your "other hand" !

Thanks for all your replies, hopefully the holes will disappear for good!

What I do is after I've taken off the inhibition layer, refined the nail and dusted with a sanitisable brush, I then do my UV top finishing gloss, cure but then put on another coat, cure then use scrub fresh to remove inhibition layer and Voila! Works a treat for me everytime as I had the same problem with patchy bits.

HTH

Thanks guys, and thank you Ange for putting down your full routine :) If you don't mind, I'd like to copy it down as my 'cheat-sheet' till it gets in my head automatically. I wasn't taught to Scrubfresh after dusting, but it does make sense to me, so I reckon I'll use it.

Thanks,
Katy.

Latest posts

Back