'Hollow' heart nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie1991

Reaction score
Heya guys. Does anyone know how to achieve that hollow heart on the nail with OPI Gelcolour instead of polish?
I was thinking a stencil or, just as polish, rub it out..

Like the index and ring finger in the picture

Thanks

Attachments

• tumblr_m2dh5vBfbi1qbfmr0o1_250.jpg
    tumblr_m2dh5vBfbi1qbfmr0o1_250.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 126
Empower nail art. And a craft punch.

This is negative spacing.
I would try carving it out with a dotting tool, although in normal polish I'm not sure of how crisp it would be at the end. It's easier with gel polish as it's more elastic than runny..Good luck!

This is negative spacing.
I would try carving it out with a dotting tool, although in normal polish I'm not sure of how crisp it would be at the end. It's easier with gel polish as it's more elastic than runny..Good luck!

That's it, negative spacing.
Ive seen a few youtube videos and im going to test it out on myself when i change my gel.
Im sure this is a 'fad' ill get over quickly lol

Thanks for your help :)

There's some of the cuticle protector gunk you can put on the nail in the shape, paint over it then peel off the shape to leave the negative area. Some of its lovely but some of it is tacky I think, it was only supposed to be a winter and spring trend but it looks like it's going to be here for a while [emoji14]

Latest posts

Back