Home hair colour correction...help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkyminx

Reaction score
Yes, I'm an idiot.

So, I usually have bleach blonde hair, done in a salon. Occasionally I spontaneously go red or brown, and usually a few months later I go back to blonde, again in a salon and at great expense... This time, having gone dark brown 2 months ago, I decided to go back to blonde at do it myself!

What I done so far is: 1) Colour B4, which stipped it and took it to orange (as expected) 2) Bleach, which took it to bright yellow (as expected) 3) Goldwell toner which I got from Sally, in 11P (with 30vol peroxide). This toner was labelled 'special pearl blonde' and the swatch looked good, I assumed it would counteract the brass from the bleach. But it almost went greenish when on my hair, though having shampooed it a few times it's now just a very flat, off-yellow.

I can just about go out in public, but it's not great. Last time my colourist did it for me it ended up a biscuity dark blonde, which was fine. Thinking back, I think what she did was mix a golden toner with a beigey toner to get that effect.

Tomorrow is Sunday so I can't go to a salon, and I work full time all week. My local Sally is open tomorrow. I still have some of the Goldwell toner, and also a Koleston 9/8 (unused). My hair is short, a pixie cut. It's still in surprisingly decent condition, not crispy (yet). Please could some kind soul take pity on me and tell me which product to go out and pick up tomorrow so I can fix my hair... as I said it's now a flat, dull blonde, bordering on dirty coin.

Thank you! X

Latest posts

Back