Home learning courses??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Geek

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and stumbled on it while searching for info and thinks its amazing! I live in Swansea. My problem is that I'm a mum of 2 (one being nearly 4 and the other 6months.) and am seriously interested in becoming a nail technician. There's nowhere in my area or close that do course's specifically on nails :irked: and so I was wondering about doing a short course at the Carlton Institute or maybe a home learning course with Essential Nails:rolleyes:. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice, I realise that these courses are not enough to become fully qualified and experienced and do not give the advantage of a classroom environment, however I am willing to put the hard work and practice in. Please help!! :lol: xx

Hi,

if you search on here for Essential Nails there have been several threads about Home Learn Courses - there is also a social group for Essential Nails technicians which may be of great interest to you.

hi there i am not slating essential nails in any way as it is the only way some people can learn. i have two kids also 9 months and 6 and work part time in the salon and also have my own clients mobile lol.

i am starting my nail course with nsi in feb as have been dying to do it for years but cash was always low so saved hard. i done nails years ago at college in my NC year and we had a lecturer teaching us and even then i struggled plus teacher was hopeless and didnt care. what i am trying to say lol is i personally think it better being shown what to do in a classroom environment if your having problems then you will someone to guide you with EN you will have a video and can phone them for help but unless you actually physically see it done how can you do it perfect.
i also think it very very expensive providing you dont actually have a teacher.

is there no colleges about or even anail educater that comes to homes i think this would be money well spent :hug:

hey, thanks for the advice, i didn't realise that someone could come to the house to teach, I'll definatley look into this. The colleges in swansea and further out only do full time Beauty courses with no option of any part time course of this kind and have no time or babysitters! Was wondering what to do with these home learning courses but need to see what others think before I spend a lot of money that may be of no use :eek: Thanks again, really appreciate your time:hug: xx

ooh, just found the EN social site and its been a big help!! xx:hug:

Hi hun,

There is loads of threads about essential nails on here. i looked into there courses before i started my training but decided for the money that you pay for an essential nails course i could get a really decent course for just a bit extra. i understand that it must be hard for you hun with two small kids but i personally think that you would be better off at the carlton!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Jodie x x x

i agree the carlton wouldd be a better choice you will have hands on learning at least. believe me nails are frustrating at the best of times and having someone guild you is so much better than a dvd. i know people teach one to one in salons so why not at home. i know what you mean bout babysitters i always had the same problem. go to your local job centre and they could also point you in the right direction i have also heard of people getting funding etc from them and help with childcare as they want to encourage mothers back into work i think this is for lone parents but worth a try at least dont give up its took me all these years to finally do the course i want i got help from ila with 200 towards my course. i looked into essential nails years ago but decided i want to be a great nail tech and i do know some salons wont even consider a home learned course its terrible i know :irked: but you would have wasted money.

Hi the Carlton Institute has opened up in Cardiff so that isn't too far away from you. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back