Home Lightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess83

Reaction score
Hi, long time reader, first time poster :)

I currently have rather dark brown hair and would quite like to lighten it, I would prefer to do it myself at home (its much easier as I live miles from any civilisation).

My Current Colour:
95566795.jpg

Im trying to achieve a colour like:
11446346.jpg

Is there any form of home remedy or product that will let me do this? Ive read about the lemon juice trick but people seem to have mixed results and I don't exactly get a lot of sun.

Thanks

Sorry hun, this is a site for professionals and we don't support DIY jobs....otherwise non of us would have a job...:lol:....seriously thought you would be heartbroken if you tried to do it yourself and damaged your hair....treat yourself and book into a salon....:hug:

Thanks. Thats the answer I was expecting, just thought i'd ask incase I had missed something :lol:

Hey,

im trying to do the same thing.. ive been to salons millions of times and never got the results that ive wanted when it comes it lightening my hair. maybe as i dye it so much.. its currently black and im trying to get it to a goldeny brown colour..

first try shampoo's such as 'vosene' and 'head and shoulders' these help strip the colour from the hair....

then bleach would probably be the only answer.......
probably is better to have it bleeched by proffesionals... i wouldnt reccommend playin with bleach by your self.

as my mums a hairdresser and im training ... im doing it at home... starting with bleeching just a few golden highlights each time and putting a semi light brown colour over..

its working... just taking time as my hair is sooo dark atm!!

i hope this helps

xxxx

Latest posts

Back