Home salon equals open house?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathi44

Bliss
Reaction score
Just a bit of a rant.... I have a home salon and, for the most part, my clients are lovely and respectful. I have an excellent, established client base and most know & abide by the 'house rules'. And then you get "that one".....
Today I had a 'friend of a friend' come for a facial. In the 7 years she's known me, this is the first time she's been to me... because someone bought her a gift voucher.
So she breezes in through the front door, straight past me, and makes a bee-line for my patio doors "oh your garden's lovely" (as she tries to open them), then heads fast for my bedroom door.... At which point I very loudly say "you need to come through to the salon.... this way! " To which she says in a disappointed voice "Oh I just wanted to look around your house" REALLY?!?! Er, no. So I bundled her into my salon room quick and she says "Can I just pop to the loo?" Further disappointment for her as my client bathroom is ensuite to my salon room. Haha. Talk about keen to have a nose around !! Is it just me or do you home workers get rude and nosey clients too?!? Oh for a completely separate salon area!!!!!

I have had someone bring a friend around they walking around in my garden and asked if they could swim while their mate having their brows done! Well no you can't !

Yes, I've had a couple wander further into my house to "see if I have a sea view" yes I do thank you very much but the salon is just in here....

I keep all internal doors closed so basically I'm corralling them into one direction like sheep [emoji207][emoji207][emoji207]

Haha!! Brilliant ! Yes, I get a few of those... "Ooooh you have a pool !" Yes but this ain't no spa so don't even think about asking!! ;) I love the sheep analogy.... keep 'em moving ;)

You can get locks for internal doors, all of our doors lock & the same key opens them all.

It's newbuild so we had about 5 sets of house keys & a million door keys.

Some people are just bloody nosey.

I never understood why some people are so nosey, even when I used to housesit as a student I never once felt the need to open the cupboards or look inside other peoples things! Where as one friend who also did house sitting used to love going to look in people stuff I think it's rude .

When you go to a restaurant you don't wander around the place look inside the chef office and the other areas. It's rude !

Wait till they start commenting on your choice of decor! :mad:

Yes I've had the same. I also have a couple who walk right in without ringing the bell.
I'm now fed up with it but love the convenience of working from home so looking into converting my garage as it's through the wall from my salon and having a salon front door so it's self contained

Yes I've had the same. I also have a couple who walk right in without ringing the bell.
I'm now fed up with it but love the convenience of working from home so looking into converting my garage as it's through the wall from my salon and having a salon front door so it's self contained

Yes the ones who walk in without ringing the bell annoy me too!
I have put a polite sign next to the front door saying to ring and wait for attention but there's a couple who take no notice of this.
One of the offenders is in next week so I shall lock the door before she arrives so she can't get in until I let her enter!! [emoji12]

I always lock my front door when I am with a client though (my mum kept wandering in... )

Yes the ones who walk in without ringing the bell annoy me too!
I have put a polite sign next to the front door saying to ring and wait for attention but there's a couple who take no notice of this.
One of the offenders is in next week so I shall lock the door before she arrives so she can't get in until I let her enter!! [emoji12]

I always lock my front door when I am with a client though (my mum kept wandering in... )

Joys of living in South Africa the crime so bad we all live in gated communities with security guarsd and security gates on your salon doors which buzz you in. No one is going to be just waddling around anywhere! Hence why Amazon/ eBay have issues doing deliveries to our country as most people use po boxes and not home addresses. Same reason[emoji16].
But once hey inside they can also bring nosey friends with which is annoying!

Some of my clients used to bring in friends/family who would then sit downstairs and watch tv. I've now stopped that practice. Everyone who accompanies a client must sit in the room with them or wait outside/go to local shops but are now allowed in any other room in the house (exception of toilet!). I heard about one therapist near me whose client regularly brought her boyfriend. He'd sit downstairs during the appointment. One day, therapist came down after they'd been to find her downstairs had been burgled while she'd been treating client. Boyfriend had obviously scoped out the place in preparation during previous appointments.

Latest posts

Back