Home salon - opening hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus666

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm just setting up and have realised that I am booking clients whenever they request to come round. Do any of you who have home salons set your hours? I have kids that I need to work around and think setting fixed hours might work better just wondering how you guys do it? Thanks in advance. x

Yes I set my hours. I also let my clients know that I am a bit flexible if I'm given enough notice. E.g. I don't do Saturdays but if they give me enough notice I will. I start at 9am Monday to Friday and have various finish times x

Yes I set my hours. I also let my clients know that I am a bit flexible if I'm given enough notice. E.g. I don't do Saturdays but if they give me enough notice I will. I start at 9am Monday to Friday and have various finish times x
Thanks for the info, yes I think I'll go along a similar route. I'm just having my website set up so can put it on there and maybe a sign in the salon behind my desk so clients can see the hours x

I find it so hard to stick to my set hours, especially as my late nights get booked up months in advance it's so hard to turn a regular client down. In the day I generally do set my hours 9-3 but I said I wouldn't work Saturdays but I end up working them all! ‍♀️

Haha. I always said I wouldn't work Saturdays. I ended up working every Saturday in November and December. [emoji23]

In theory I have set hours but like everyone else it seems, I'm rubbish at sticking to them :rolleyes: The one thing I am very strict on is weekends. That's my family time and I never, ever work a weekend :)

I have set hours and I don't mind sometimes starting earlier to finishing later but I never work my days off [emoji3] mines are
Monday - 9am -5pm
Wednesday and Thursday 12pm - 9pm
and Friday and sat 9am-5pm

I'm quite lucky that most of my clients just take slots in them times. Xx

I think I will find it hard to say no if I do set my hours too ;) but I do need a bit of a routine to plan around. xx

I think if you are firm but gentle and just make your working hours clear to your clients then if they really want you to do their nails they will fit in with you [emoji4]
I'm just starting back working from home 4 months after having my baby so I am being very strict with my days/hours as I still want time with my boy [emoji170] and I can't work too late at night because of his bedtime! My clients have been fabulous though xxx

In theory I have set hours but like everyone else it seems, I'm rubbish at sticking to them :rolleyes: The one thing I am very strict on is weekends. That's my family time and I never, ever work a weekend :)

I'm exactly the same as this!

I still have afternoon school pick ups to do and find that clients are very understanding about finishing on time.

My 'availability' is different to the actual hours I work.

I have only recently put my foot down and organised myself as I found I was working most days (never weekends) with appointments scattered all over.

My evenings were getting taken over & I felt ever so guilty towards my son but it was too hard to say no.

I am now (aside from when it was Xmas) available for appointments:
Monday & Thursdays
8am-7pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
9-3pm

That doesn't mean I work ALL those hours... would be raking it in doing 40 hours/40 sets of nails a week :D ... no hands left either lol!!

If someone wants Monday, I start off offering them my first app at 8am...

If someone wants an afternoon and I already have work booked on the Monday morning I'd then book the Tuesday 2pm so i can try avoid a gap but still finish at 3 for the school run.. I then work backwards/forwards around those appointments... As best as I can anyway.

I try leave Fridays free for last minute appointments.

Obviously this doesn't always work but it's amazing how many people have now got set routine appointments since I have done this as they know otherwise they won't get in.

My evenings have been strictly Mondays and Thursdays and funnily enough, the ones who could 'only do evenings' have miraculously become available at other times since it's no long an option to have me working every evening.

My appointments are booked online so I'm not in the position of feeling guilty for refusing.
My regular clients know to contact me if it's a special occasion as I wouldn't see them stuck.
Monday is my day off however one of my clients has an award ceremony to attend on the Tuesday night so I'm giving her a spray tan tomorrow.

Thanks for the info ladies, I'm thinking maybe 2 late nights per week as well rather than being in there every night which is what I think is going to happen if I don't set some hours xxx

I stick rigidly to my opening hours.

My regulars book in advance, so my 2 late nights and my weekends are usually booked up anything up to 6 weeks ahead.

I've had clients who hadn't booked ahead and I couldn't fit them in go elsewhere for a treatment, but they've always come back to me and are then very organised when arranging their appointments for future.

Latest posts

Back