Home salon or salon shop?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamzi

Reaction score
Hi all
I am considering leasing a shop but needing a bit of advice, should I go for it or start a home salon?? Any help would be appreciated guys

Hi i have a salon and had it for 4 years now was previousley salon manager at another salon and to cut along story short was just not working for me anymore soo now i have a small little salon just on the outskirts of a small town and drum up loads of buisness i love it and would never look back you have to way up the pros and cons of both if u have enough clientel already i can see y u leaning to home salon if you need to build your clientel which i did salon because your more likley to get passing trade me and my friend both went it alone at the same time i got salon shop she worked from home both doing very well 4 years down the libe but shed been at it a lot longer than me and had the clients and im younger and was still building and still am buliding my clientel soo i supose you have to way all this up and what works best for you hope this helps xx

What do you offer? Do you have a clientele? What's in your area? Have you found a premises? How much money do you have to fall back on?

A million questions x

Hi all
I am considering leasing a shop but needing a bit of advice, should I go for it or start a home salon?? Any help would be appreciated guys

What is your background, hair, beauty etc? Do you have a clientele already?

Thanks ladies
I do hair nails waxing tanning etc and will be starting back to work after a year off due to illness and a major operation, I was mobile but I am wanting a base so I will need to work on finding clients for home salon.
I have seen a shop in a city centre that already has clientele base and passing traffic due to location. If I purchase shop I would probably have 2/3 thousand spare.
Do any of you ladies do payroll?
thanks again ladies x

I have an accountant doing payroll, company accountant and VAT for me. I earn far more working than I do sorting accounts so it makes sense paying someone x

Thanks squidgernetball x

Latest posts

Back