Home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustStef2016

Reaction score
Hi, I have done level 2 in beauty and a 3 day bridal make up course . I have done a few weddings for friends and friends of friends . I have done manis,pedis ,facials and tints . I feel nervous and unsure of my ability to start my own salon . I want to offer facial ( hopefully eve Taylor ) , opi mani+ pedi , eyebrows, facials , makeup and gelish . I don't have enough experience to do waxing . Are these good treatments to start with ? How did everyone get over the nerves or does that come with time ? Thank yuh in advance

Why don't you join some of the temp agencies in London for a few months, it will give you fantastic insight in to the spa and salon industry, how others run their businesses and ideas about things you should and shouldn't do.

I did it for a year when I was a much younger therapist, I worked in cupboards under stairs through to well known residential spas. I saw alot!

I'd definitely work somewhere else first, even if it's just for 6 months or so.
I was top of my class when I qualified and had practised a lot on friends and family, but as soon as I worked in the industry I realised that I didn't know as much as I thought I did. The tips and advice from other therapists are invaluable ...even if you're already good at what you do.

In order for your business to be successful you should put yourself in the best possible position for it to work out, so my advice would be to gain more experience.

Latest posts

Back