Home set up with children?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susannah22

Reaction score
im currently operating as a mobile therapist however I'm a single parent (living with parents just now) so when I have my own place I won't be able to pick up clients in the evenings.

Does anyone have their business running from home with young children? How does it work?

I think it depends on the ages of your children. I work from home and mine are 3 and 6. No way could I manage without my husband keeping an eye on them. There has been the odd occassion when I've fitted in a set of nails or repair when someone's desperate and a friend but I find it very stressfull and have to stop lots. I mainly work mornings, weekends and evenings aren't always guarenteed as sometimes my husband works late. The evenings I know I can work get booked up weeks in advance but all of my clients know this and the reasons and still come back. Its tricky trying to juggle things, could your parents gelp out a couple of evenings a week? X

I work from home I have a summer house in the garden I only do clients when my 3 children are at school/playgroup or when my hubbys home else they come in & out or i have to keep checking on them

Thank you for your replies. I think I would have to do it during school/nursery times and when they are with their dad at weekends.

I'm not sure what your main treatments are, but I specialize in brows and also do lash lifts and I work all the time with my kids here, 3 and 5. The catch is that I only advertise to my mommy groups (with the odd non-parent referral) and I advertise that mom's can bring their little ones.. who watch TV or play happily with toys. Works for me.

im currently operating as a mobile therapist however I'm a single parent (living with parents just now) so when I have my own place I won't be able to pick up clients in the evenings.

Does anyone have their business running from home with young children? How does it work?
Hi I'm new to this forum I came across your post do you mind if I ask how you got started in the Beauty Industry

Hey sorry I just saw this now.

I completed a cosmetic spray tan course through Scottish Therapy Academy and then did Eyebrow Definition in February. I'm booked to do a waxing course next month and planning on doing the HNC Beauty Therapy through my local college in September.

I'm not sure what your main treatments are, but I specialize in brows and also do lash lifts and I work all the time with my kids here, 3 and 5. The catch is that I only advertise to my mommy groups (with the odd non-parent referral) and I advertise that mom's can bring their little ones.. who watch TV or play happily with toys. Works for me.
Thank you so much for your our reply, my kids are 3 and 5 too and I do brows - will definitely advertise this!!

Latest posts

Back