Hot or warm wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cipolla

Reaction score
Just wondering, now I offer film hot stripless wax and warm wax, which is better for upper lip and chin. As I had a client yesterday and she had a lot of fine blond hairs just above upper lip and I
was worried about going too near with hot wax in case her lip bleeds. I tried warm wax on her the time before but she said with the hot wax it wasn't picking them up straight away. Should I touch the lip when putting wax on upper lip or not and if not how am I suppose to get to those hairs out. Last time she said after 2 days there was a bit of scab on chin as warm wax wasn't picking up on first application so had to apply 2nd, Many thanks

I would always use hot wax on facial areas as it is far more gentle. Hot wax can be gone over if necessary as it shrink wraps the hair and doesn't take the skin off unlike strip wax. Invest in some good quality wax and you will notice a difference. If you are still not confident, invest in some quality training - there are lots of suggestions on here for both waxes and trainers if you search.

I would always use hot wax on facial areas as it is far more gentle. Hot wax can be gone over if necessary as it shrink wraps the hair and doesn't take the skin off unlike strip wax. Invest in some good quality wax and you will notice a difference. If you are still not confident, invest in some quality training - there are lots of suggestions on here for both waxes and trainers if you search.

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

I use hot wax. Use the small spatula designed for facial waxing. Take it is as close to the lip as possible. If I have a few hairs after the wax I just tweeze them.

Latest posts

Back