Hot wax advice - Waxxxpress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LottieLou1

Reaction score
Hello,

I've purchased a few waxes from waxxxpress. The strip wax is great but I'm having trouble with the hot waxes (coco nuts and ultraviolet are the ones I purchased), I've followed the instructions and even looked at a couple of their youtube videos but I'm finding the wax doesn't remove all the hair. I don't have this trouble with any other hot wax, so I just wanted to see whether other people on here have had the same or if they really get on with the wax. Is there a certain technique to it?

The reason I wanted to use this brand is because you can put it in the microwave and as I am mobile, it will save so much time.

Thanks

Hi LottieLou 1

Is that after one application or a few goes?

Hi LottieLou 1

Is that after one application or a few goes?
Hello,

It is after a few goes, I've tried it on my partners underarms and his chest, I even tried it on myself, on my legs and on my legs I went over a certain area 3 times to see if it make a difference but there was still hair left. I haven't had this with other hot waxes I've used such a salon systems flexiwax, hot film wax etc.

Thanks

I use both coconuts and the ultra violet, I prefer the ultra violet as it's more flexible. I sometimes felt that the waxes struggled with fine hairs and need a few goes. So I did consider changing as I've seen other videos where one go is all you need!

There doesn't seem to be many people using waxxxpress products [emoji52]

Yes thats what I have found myself. Maybe I will have to use a different brand. Its just annoying having to wait for wax to melt down at clients houses as it takes ages.

Yes that's my only concern with changing too. Do you ever heat your up before you leave your house?

Yes that's my only concern with changing too. Do you ever heat your up before you leave your house?

I occassionally heat it up a little before leaving home but only to soften it and then put it on the foot area in the car under the heater, not that the heater makes a big difference. Thats why I wanted a microwavable one.

If I'm doing a leg wax and bikini wax or leg wax and underarm, then I will use the microwavable waxxxpress strip wax on the legs and while I'm doing the legs, I let the salon systems multiflex hot wax melt as in my second wax heater. In that situation its fine but if someone only wants a bikini wax or underarm wax, then I have to wait for the wax to melt.

I haven't used the waxxxpress hot wax on clients yet, only my partner, friends and myself.

I had a client who didn't have a microwave, that wasn't helpful!

I do like the wax for bikini waxes not so much for face waxing. I'm sure there is better out there but it is very convenient being able to pop it in a microwave.

I had a client who didn't have a microwave, that wasn't helpful!

I do like the wax for bikini waxes not so much for face waxing. I'm sure there is better out there but it is very convenient being able to pop it in a microwave.
Yes I always ask before I vosit them if they have a microwave, just to be on safe side.

I agree with completely. I know sallys/salon service have a microwave wax just for brows, I've not tried myself but I've heard its very good.

Latest posts

Back