Hot wax rocks! - Couple of Q's from hot wax convert!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
Wow - I have just received my hot wax and had a chance to try it on myself. Now I know why so many geeks rave about it.

Amazing!! I have just done my own bikini (almost brazilian but not quite that daring yet!). It really is practically pain free and fantastic to use & quite easy too, which I was worried about not being able to do it. I wasn't quite expecting it to be that good!

I do have a couple of q's though please to anyone who knows b4 I let myself loose on my clients with it!

I got a couple of very small marks (just blood spots under the surface rather than full on bruises) just at the point of the first flick on a couple of strips - would this be due to the lip not being thick enough to get a good pull or from pulling at wrong angle do you think?

Also, what are the rules re going over an area more than once if you need to (I am only going to use on bikini, underarm etc so am wondering if it is the same as srip wax or if you can go over again if you need to).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Yes, that would be from flicking too much. Try to get the end an even thickness as it's easier for you and not so annoying for your client.

Yes, you can go over the same area with no problem.

Good luck. xxx

Wow - I have just received my hot wax and had a chance to try it on myself. Now I know why so many geeks rave about it.

Amazing!! I have just done my own bikini (almost brazilian but not quite that daring yet!). It really is practically pain free and fantastic to use & quite easy too, which I was worried about not being able to do it. I wasn't quite expecting it to be that good!

I do have a couple of q's though please to anyone who knows b4 I let myself loose on my clients with it!

I got a couple of very small marks (just blood spots under the surface rather than full on bruises) just at the point of the first flick on a couple of strips - would this be due to the lip not being thick enough to get a good pull or from pulling at wrong angle do you think?

Also, what are the rules re going over an area more than once if you need to (I am only going to use on bikini, underarm etc so am wondering if it is the same as srip wax or if you can go over again if you need to).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Can I ask what wax you used? I bought some the other day from sallys and found it left hairs in and still hurt just as much. My poor fella was writhing around in pain! Maybe I picked up bad hot wax!

xx

Yes, that would be from flicking too much. Try to get the end an even thickness as it's easier for you and not so annoying for your client.

Yes, you can go over the same area with no problem.

Good luck. xxx

Thanks for that Kim, will work on that.

No1kitty - it was just Hive hot film wax (but came in a tin rather than a block.) My budget won't stretch to anything more at the mo and I also wanted to make sure I could actually do it right b4 investing too much!

I really noticed a difference pain wise compared to strip wax during removal but also there was none of that tender 'just waxed' feeling a few hours later either! It was really gentle on the skin.

Maybe try it on yourself to see what you think - my hubbie would scream no matter what I waxed him with as he's a real wimp about it, not saying yours is the same of course!

Latest posts

Back