How did it all start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxnails2015

The sole man
Reaction score
Well it's coming up to the time that I want to go self employed as a nail tech! I'm hoping for a lottery win as I'm adding up all the stuff I need to get going! Should I start small and just so shellac and get a little kit? Should I save and save? I'm my current job I don't have a great deal of funds to save so that might take a while. I have my dream of what I want to do and where I want to go with it all. How did you all start up?

I enrolled in a college course and whilst I was studying I gradually built my kit up so I had a decent amount by the time I qualified. x

I did the same as Cinderella71. I had a kit that I needed for college with included the basics, and I slowly built it up adding the odd new thing here and there. I'd already done a gel polish course before so had a few colours and again just slowly added to them as and when I could afford it. I think July will be the first month that I actually make a profit from doing nails as the rest has just funded products etc but I do work full time as well so it's not too bad.

I'm due to complete my CND L&P and shellac course in the next week.

My reason was that, I currently work in the city in a sales role and I commute 1hr 30 each way.
I'm currently on maternity leave and don't want to be so far from my baby all day Monday to Friday :)

I've always had an interest in nails and actually did a nail course when I was 17 but it wasn't reputable and I remember next to nothing so am training through s2 and planning on becoming a mobile nail tech so I can work around the kiddies.
My husband lost his job in December and was offered a compromise to walk away, silver lining is that the money is now paying for me to train so luckily it's worked out well for us as he found a new job closer to home anyway! Xx

Latest posts

Back