How long before you started charging full price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicNails

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
So I did a college course Jan-May and learn l&p, silk and gel, this also covered h&s. I got my certificate last week and passed with Distinction which I was thrilled to bits with.

I then did some research and purchased Gellux gel polish and have quite a few colours now, I have megamix, and feel confident mixing and my sisters/friends and family etc all get 2 weeks at least with no chips etc, so im feeling confident. I use additives, glitters, stamps, and I am always buzzing in my head about nail art etc!

My question is: When did you guys all start charging full price for your work?

At the moment obviously I haven't got my insurance yet. I am hoping when my little one starts full time school in Sep I can use the spare room and make it into my little nail den..(sooo excited.) But the thought of only charging £10 (what I get now to cover costs etc) until Sep....I dunno, kind of feel like im worth more than a tenner! And also, I don't want to fall into that trap of losing clients when you put your price up to "normal" prices?

At salons round here its between £15 and £18.50 for gel polish...so Its not much more really than what I'm charging to cover my costs, but, just unsure when to realistically, start charging properly and really push myself!?

Help!

Thanks.

Well done you on passing with distinction! Sounds like you're ready to charge what you're worth. How about doing an introductory offer to the first ? clients? Should get the ball rolling and give you a feel for your future clients. All the best, and well done again x

Well done,isn't it exciting! I'm afraid in this industry you will always get the skippers,they skip to the cheapest,however the ones that know your good,will stay,maybe offer something like,for every 10 services they have,they get 50% off the 11? Or for every 5 clients they reccomend 25% off? Good luck,it is a hard industry to start off,but you will get your loyal clients x x

Congrats on such a high mark! I think you should charge what you think you're worth. The only difference between yourself and the salons is.. The salon. However when you get your treatment room set up, you will essentially be one. As long as you look the part (and feel the part) why shouldn't you match the prices in your area?

Have you thought about becoming mobile until September, you could start with some introductory offers etc. and then when you move into your home treatment room if the client comes with you could offer a half price treatment. (that's what I'm doing and so far it really seems to be helping expand the client base) Good Luck! X

Latest posts

Back