How long does it take you to complete a full set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take about an 2.5 hours to 2 and a half to do full set,pink and whites includes(L&P)
I take an hour and a half to do infill,rebalance.Both with hand filing and tips.

I must be really slow on my rebalances as see some people do them in 45 mins:eek: I cant see me ever being that quick:cry:

I don't use an e-file so all timings are for hand filing.

Gels P&W (Tip & Overlay) 1 and half hours
Acrylic P&W (Tip &overlay) 1 hour 15 mins
NNO 1 hour
Rebalance around 1 hour (depending on breakages)

hi i allways give myself 2 hours .as they say apair of hands are never the same .x:)

Fastest set I ever did was on a Polish girl, 1 hour and 5 mins but she didn't speak English and I don't speak Polish. My usual is 1hour 30 mins and a rebalance is usualy 1 and a half to 2 hours, coz I get way to picky.:lol:

I book all my clients for 45 minutes. That includes hot towel and hand massage. I mostly do French acrylics and tips with overlay. Not much on sculpts, but am trying to change my mind about them.
So.
full set, any kind-45 min.
fill, any kind 45 min.

I have been doing nails for 19 years.

I book all my clients for 45 minutes. That includes hot towel and hand massage. I mostly do French acrylics and tips with overlay. Not much on sculpts, but am trying to change my mind about them.
So.
full set, any kind-45 min.
fill, any kind 45 min.

I have been doing nails for 19 years.

45 mins for a full set,OMG,do you have a person on each hand?lol:) Can we see some pics of your super sonic nails please??

Hi these are my timings

gel nails? ONE HOUR
acrylic tips with electric file? DONT USE ELECTRIC FILES
acrylic tips with hand filing? ONE HOUR FIFTEEN MINS
acrylic sculptures with electric file? NO E FILES
acrylic sculptures with hand filing? ONE HOUR
acrylic p&w sculptures? ONE HOUR
gel backfill/rebalance? 45 MINS
acryilic backfill/rebalance with electric file? NO E FILES
acrylic backfill/rebalance with hand filing? ONE HOUR FIFTEEN MINS
silk/fiberglass overlays? NO LONGER DO
manicure? 45 MINS

Debbie x x

1 hour and 15 mins for all methods. Surely if you are applying the product evenly, there will be very little buffing and rectifying ? more than 2 hours is then cutting in2 your profit margin, so far i have never had a problem, fibreglass method is my favourite, been doing it for 14 years and now goes on so smoothly, hardly any buffing at all required.

1 hour and 15 mins for all methods. Surely if you are applying the product evenly, there will be very little buffing and rectifying ? more than 2 hours is then cutting in2 your profit margin, so far i have never had a problem, fibreglass method is my favourite, been doing it for 14 years and now goes on so smoothly, hardly any buffing at all required.

Unfortunately my time is over 2 hours as I dont do nails day in day out so dont get the chance to speed up.(I'm a beauty therapist firstly)

I dont do loads of filing and buffing it's my application that takes the time.I want to get it right.If I cut down my time to under an hour my nails would be rubbish.At the moment they're not too bad.

Your right though,it's not cost effective.If I was doing nails all the time I would be very worried that they took me so long to complete a full set.I keep trying.:)

45 mins for a full set,OMG,do you have a person on each hand?lol:) Can we see some pics of your super sonic nails please??

I will be glad to show you my work, but I am very bad at anything tech wise.
I can't even cut and paste.
I will get my hubby to take a pic for me, but how do I show it?
What is the geek gallery and where do I find it?
Can I post a pic there?

hi babs, dont stress, its better to master your application first and your speed will follow, if you were doing nails only all day u wud pick up speed, but at least your clients will be happy with end result even if took extra half hour. dont give up, xx

I was worried that my timings were way off (still in training) but after reading this I'm feeling better. 2.5 hours for a full set of L&P P&W Tip and Overlay. And if i do say so myself they're not bad, they're not great but they're not bad.

Latest posts

Back