How long should a set of gel nails take

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Hi I've only been doing a couple of
Month got a client booked on tues but how long should it take x

I use CND and only opened for business two months ago. I average at 2 hours at the moment. Depending on nail condition and tip sizing (find some people really easy and others I'm battling to find and fit tips). Let your client know that you are still training and allow up to 3 hours time for it. Don't have anything important organized as things could take longer. Good luck :)

I trained a few weeks ago and I take about 1.15 - 1.30 for a new full set with tips

Even if I'm charging full price do I still tell the client? And allow 3 hours x

Even if I'm charging full price do I still tell the client? And allow 3 hours x

I charge full price now but I feel confident that my 2 hr service is spot on and people are happy to pay that. I have in my brochure that my service is very detailed and please allow approximately two hours for your appointment. Have had one person complain about it and they now go to the local NSS and get a set "bashed" on in 30mins lol. Not the client I want anyway :)

I've been doing gel extensions for a few months, but still take about 2 hours per set.

Whenever a new client books in with me, I always set their expectations and tell them to allow 2 hours for their appointment. If they ask me why it takes so long, I simply tell them that I use only manual files and don't use any drills that could damage their nails. Most people are happy with that explanation. If they prefer to get them done in 30 minutes by someone who doesn't give a toss about their natural nails, that's their call! :wink2:

I think ideally, you should be AIMING towards 1 hour 15 minutes. If you allow yourself 3 hours, you will take 3 hours, push yourself and you'll be surprised how quick you get them done.

I can do sets (with tips) in 50 minutes if I really really push myself but my general pace is 1 hour 10 mins so I book out 1 hour 15 just to meet & greet/ toilet break etc.

If you're really struggling, write down how long each step is taking you and try cut it down from there, 3 hours is pretty long, even for a beginner - our lessons at college were only 3 hours and the majority of us managed to get a set done in that time - we 'failed' if we took longer than 2.

I take a hour and 15 minutes to a hour and a half for a full set of Forever French Gel Enhancements.

It doesn't bother me that it still takes me this amount time, as I know the nails will last, I could do them quicker if I really wanted, but I wouldn't be happy with them.

When I was a newbie, I always told my Clients how much time to allow, so I didn't feel under pressure.

Don't ever feel you have to rush the service when you are new to nails... get your technique right and the speed will come in time.

HTHs :hug:

Latest posts

Back