How long should CND Shellac fingers take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle Pickup

Shell's Shellac
Reaction score
Hello,
I've recently completed the CND Shellac beginners course and had my first paying client yesterday. She
had colour on fingers and french on toes. I'm mobile so it did take 15 minutes to set up and put away - however I was there for 2 hours. I had to apologise to her for taking up her entire evening though she was fine with it.
How long should shellac fingers/toes take?
how long for both?
And then how long for when I go back to remove both as well?

I didn't feel as though I was working at a slow pace and she did most of the talking while I got my head down and worked away so I'm a little worried that I can't do it any quicker.
Also I seemed to have to carry so much stuff including my vanity case on wheels, mobile table, small stool for toes, extension lead and luckily I had a clip on lamp as her lighting was terrible. Any tips on making being mobile a little easier? She said she was impressed at how organised I was but surely I only had what we all need? Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

If you think about it you did 2 services hands and feet so about an hour each, which to be honest isn't that bad for someone newly qualified over time you'll maybe get your time down to 40-45 minutes and an hour ish with removal and re application, which when you think about it isn't a long time to have beautiful nails for 2ish weeks. To you it may seem like a long time but to the client she would have thought that you have put in a great effort to properly PEP the nails and took the time to get a nice application. I also know what it's like to do mobile jobs, I personally hate it, the faff of unpacking and packing away again does take time, I much prefer to work in my own space with my products there ready to hand at a comfortable position and correct angle and decent lighting.. But as long as you did a good job then don't worry about it..
Also for working mobile I'd recommend a Roo beauty bag, instead of a case or trolley.. I had a Roo trolley and its a nice trolley but was a pain lugging it about and weighed a tonne! The bellaroo bag from Roo beauty is perfect for a shellac kit, you wouldn't believe how much stuff it holds and the polish storage case on top is ideal to hold all your colours, defiantly worth the price :)
X

If you think about it you did 2 services hands and feet so about an hour each, which to be honest isn't that bad for someone newly qualified over time you'll maybe get your time down to 40-45 minutes and an hour ish with removal and re application, which when you think about it isn't a long time to have beautiful nails for 2ish weeks. To you it may seem like a long time but to the client she would have thought that you have put in a great effort to properly PEP the nails and took the time to get a nice application. I also know what it's like to do mobile jobs, I personally hate it, the faff of unpacking and packing away again does take time, I much prefer to work in my own space with my products there ready to hand at a comfortable position and correct angle and decent lighting.. But as long as you did a good job then don't worry about it..
Also for working mobile I'd recommend a Roo beauty bag, instead of a case or trolley.. I had a Roo trolley and its a nice trolley but was a pain lugging it about and weighed a tonne! The bellaroo bag from Roo beauty is perfect for a shellac kit, you wouldn't believe how much stuff it holds and the polish storage case on top is ideal to hold all your colours, defiantly worth the price :)
X
Ah thank you very much for your reply. That has made me feel more confident. For some reason I thought I would be done in an hour and a half but of course you're right - an hour for each service at my level seems pretty fair.
I will take a look at the Roo bag now - such a shame that I have quite a fancy case but I'm sure I'll find a good use for it.
Thanks. x

I take about 1hr 20 for that, and they come to me so no setting up or packing away, plus I've been doing it for years. So I actually think you did rather well :)

Latest posts

Back