how many have a successful mobile business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadie

Reaction score
hi everyone! i am considering going back to mobile after renting a room for a few months. (if you want to know why i wish to leave pm me, i don't want to write it all here). i would really like to know whether you HONESTLY think i'd lose customers.

can you run successful mobile business? will it mean changing my prices? I used to be mobile and i do have loads ore customers now that i really don't wantto lose. Any advice would be great, your own experiences are really good for shuving me in the right direction. xxxx

hi Kadie
I originally started off mobile then had the chance to rent a room within a tanning salon, i left after 18 months.. dont ask!!... but my clients came with me and to be honest leaving was the best thing i ever did.I thought being based in a towns high street was the way to go but how wrong was i!! Being mobile can be very rewarding it just takes organisation and lots of hard work but it can be done.

hi hun

sorry to hear things havent worked out as planned.!

i have been mobile since november last year and it really suits me and my circumstances... ie i have three children under three so hubby can look after them while i work - so no childcare costs. i only work about 2-4 evenings a week and have a few regulars.... i think if people like you they will stick to you and will probably love you to go to their homes as then they dont have to travel/ petrol/ carpark costs etcc..... i certainly dont think you will lose clients!

i have to admit i like it because i dont want to work for anyone else or rent a space because i dont want to have to answer to anyone else!

good luck to you xxxxxx:hug:

I love being mobile. Works around the kids and I think you get to know your clients more too.

I'm just starting mobile, you need to be very organised have a marketing strategy mapped for each month and stick to it. Its hard work but I think the rewards are worth it. I would go for it in your position you have some clients already and I'm sure they would go with you.

Hi, I agree.. you are your own boss when mobile, the money you make is all yours, insurance is very cheap considering the amount of cover you can get, AND your new clients may be very welcoming to the new idea of having you continue their treatments at their convenience rather than having to book in only during the shop opening times. Go for it. good luck!!

I am mobile and do have the odd client come to me as well. I love it as i book clients in when it suits me to work, especially as my hubby works a 9 day shift pattern, so he never works the same every week.

I especially love the fact that i earn the money, i invest in my business and i benefit from all the hard work i put in and no one else.

Being mobile and owning my own business means i am my own boss, i say when, where and how much. Also don't get into the "i'm mobile, so cheaper as have no premises." This is wrong IMO, you are providing a personal service and have the extra work of driving somewhere, setting up, doing nails, packing away and then going home or onto the next client. Do not under sell yourself or under charge for this service. You have wear and tear on your car, insurance, petrol and you are giving a personal nail service to your clients, so they don't even have to leave the comfort of their home.

It is harder to be mobile compared to being in a salon, but at least it's your pocket you are lining, not someone else's.

hi sorry things didnt work out for you .....:hug:

to be honest i am at the end of my training so not in a situation to advise although my future consists of this .......

2 years home based doing friends and family only whilst still taking all the training courses i can get .... then on to a little more i.e venturing out on the public still home based.... and in 5 years to have a nail bar.... we all have dreams and we only make them reality if we want it bad ... well that how i see it anyway....

I am sure you will be fine hang in there and you go girl xx:hug:

hi imo i have bee mobile for 12 months and this didnt work for me only because of fault of my own i am the worst organised person you wil ever know and wasnt consistant with my marketing back to an earlier reply i agree you shouldnt undersell yourself as with offers and discounts or low rates for your treatment, if you are good you shouldnt have to maybe offer a loyalty schem to keep your clients interested you would be suprised how competetive they are. i am now in a small salon in a town centre in partnership with a hairdresser and we both advertise and complement eachother, this may and does work for many unfortunatly not the unorganised like me hope this works out for you,

Being mobile has it's ups and downs. It's just a case of working out what suits you best. There is no reason why you can not run a successful mobile business. I do, and I had to go part time after having my little boy.

The good thing is, that I know that I can pick my clientèle back up when ever I want.

As for what you charge? What ever you think you're worth! Also you must take in to consideration that you have expenses, such as petrol, products etc. Not to mention the time in between clients. I won't go out any further than a ten mile radius, because of traveling time. So really you should be charging more, as the client is also paying for the privilege to have the treatment in their own home.

There are great things about it too. You are in full control of your business, you choose your hours, you charge your prices, etc. I love it!

IMO to run a successful mobile business you must be prepared to work your socks off, it really isn't what I'd call an easy option, but it can be very rewarding. It suits me well!

thanks guys, so all in all it really suits you all well. i'm pleased it has gone well for you. maybe i can make it a success after all ...:hug: :hug: :hug:

for anyone who has gone mobile. Anyone in Canada would be great.

I know if you own a spa or salon after you buy products from the suppliers you can sell these to clients, with the 100% markup.

Now when you are mobile are we licensed to seell stuff we buy from suppliers? is it legal?

I don't know if the answer is obvious.. but I've been wondering and don't want to sound stupid to call.

any replies are appreciated:) thanks

Latest posts

Back