How many of you have a day job that isn't beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! What a mix...

I'm full time hairdresser with my own salon now...but...I worked for a training provider for ex offenders, spent a lot of time in prisons (not me personally lol but for my work) moved areas, had my.son, then became a single mum.

Went self employed cleaning people's houses and a general home help taking my lad with me, did a nail course.and earnt enough to pay my way through college for hairdressing and my bills, started mobile for Nails and hair.
When he started school I rented a salon, rubbish area but suited me around my lad.

Rented a few chairs in various places then bought the salon I have now....

And proud to say as a single parent I did it single handed, no benefits, no loans, just hard graft and determination....so keep plugging ladies, if I can do it so can you.

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

The above should give loads of people on here determination. A very good success story to hear. I read a lot on hear who want to do it the easy way, always looking for other people to fund what they do. Well done and good luck for the future. I hope you make loads of $$$$ xxxx

I'm a social worker full time then do my holistic therapy and some beauty around my shift work hours!

The above should give loads of people on here determination. A very good success story to hear. I read a lot on hear who want to do it the easy way, always looking for other people to fund what they do. Well done and good luck for the future. I hope you make loads of $$$$ xxxx

Aww thank you! It wasn't easy lol, but hell it's been worth it, the business is funding itself, funding home and more importantly it's funding my teenage sons food bill lol

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I have just got a new job in the nhs so will be starting that very soon :) and then come march or sept next year I will be a student midwife hopefully! I'm wondering where I'm going to squeeze beauty in but I'm sure I will manage if you all do with full time jobs x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back