How much do i charge for pre designed airbrushed tips.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Already done a search and not found any answers so hope that some one can shed a little light. I ahve alcient who is interested in the pre designed aribrush tips. I know what weekend tips are but the way i would do it wouldbe with a complete overlay. The only porblem i have is deciding on a price for a full set. Plus i wouldn't be able to cover the smile as the tips where growing out only infil, so this would think affect the price wouldn't it?

Any help,x

HIYA DEB

I USE PE DESIGNED TIPS AS AN ADDITIONAL SERVICE IN MY SALON. I CHARGE MORE FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY ONLY COME IN BOXES OF 70 AND TEND TO END UP WITH LOTS OF ODD SIZES LEFT OVER. MY COST IS £40 PER SET. AND £4.50 PER NAIL FOR ANY REPAIRS.

HOPE THIS HELPS

XXXXXXXXX:wink2:

I was thinking along the same lines as you maybe £35, the only thing would be the life of them. How do you rebalance, you cant can you? So does this price justify that?

BEST ADVICE HERE IS TO CHOOSE A DESIGN THAT VENTURES ONTO THE NAIL BODY A LITTLE, THIS WAY YOU GET A LONGER LIFE OUT OF THEM. MY CLIENTS ARE USUALLY READY FOR SOMETHING NEW BY THE TIME A REBALANCE IS DUE. THEY WEAR GENERALLY QUITE WELL, HAVE LITTLE NEED TO REPAIR THEM. 6 TO 8 WEEKS AND THEY HAVE USUALLY REACHED THE STAGE OF RE BALANCE, THIS CAN BE LENGTHENED BY THE ADDITION OF A LITTLE GLITTER SMILE LINE OF A COUPLE OF CRYSTALS TO DESGUISE THE GROWTH, OR OF COURSE IF YOU ARE ARTISTIC YOU CAN ADD A LITTLE TO THE DESIGN. JUST MAKE SURE YOUR USUAL MAINTENANCE PREVENTS A GROWTH WEEK POINT ALONG THE SMILE, KEEP THE BALANCE RIGHT.

GOOD LUCK XXXX:hug:

I must admit i do prefer the tips that show the design above the smile so this like you said would help.

Thanks for the help, i'll keep it in mind,x

I have these tips on my price list and I charge £25. As theres virtually no blending, only prep, and overlay they dont take very long at all to do. As foir infills, never had to do one as my clients have only ever had them for special occassions as they need to kept fairly long for the designs to show well they are not really practical for every day use. I guess if I did infill you might get away with 1 before the smile grew out and looked stupid then you would have to maybe use MTW to create a french. Hope this makes sence.
P.S. Here In Norwich the prices seem to be cheaper.

NYGIRL said:
BEST ADVICE HERE IS TO CHOOSE A DESIGN THAT VENTURES ONTO THE NAIL BODY A LITTLE, THIS WAY YOU GET A LONGER LIFE OUT OF THEM. MY CLIENTS ARE USUALLY READY FOR SOMETHING NEW BY THE TIME A REBALANCE IS DUE. THEY WEAR GENERALLY QUITE WELL, HAVE LITTLE NEED TO REPAIR THEM. 6 TO 8 WEEKS AND THEY HAVE USUALLY REACHED THE STAGE OF RE BALANCE, THIS CAN BE LENGTHENED BY THE ADDITION OF A LITTLE GLITTER SMILE LINE OF A COUPLE OF CRYSTALS TO DESGUISE THE GROWTH, OR OF COURSE IF YOU ARE ARTISTIC YOU CAN ADD A LITTLE TO THE DESIGN. JUST MAKE SURE YOUR USUAL MAINTENANCE PREVENTS A GROWTH WEEK POINT ALONG THE SMILE, KEEP THE BALANCE RIGHT.

GOOD LUCK XXXX:hug:
Good idea Louise, I'll try this myself next time.

When I did them I charged an extra £7.50, I thought this was cheap for what is effectively long lasting nail art and something special.

Although they can be quite pricey for a box of 70 tips I charge less than pemanent french as they are not a long term option and my clients changed them after the infills. They are so simple no blending and just a quick overlay i love it when my clients go all out with something different and i think its nice that they can have a break from the norm with a couple of weeks for a cheaper price.

Hi there,
I also use them, love the zebra and leopard print as these can be tailored as you would a french tip so get more strength as more product can be applied as normal,,,yes they do grow out after a few weeks BUT did you know (and this is what i do) is that when you next re-balance take product right off at tip and the airbrush pattern gently buffs off then re-apply product and VOILA you have a natural looking set without starting from scratch:D
So i have a lovely set of airbrushed for a few weeks that turn into a natural set and do some nail art on or whatever you fancy:D :D :) :) :cool: :cool:

For pre-designed tips, I add an additional 5$ (canadian fund) to the cost of whichever type of nail enhancement they want. (I do both uv gels & gel/resin aka dip method).

They are most costly in general compared to basic tips.
Examples of what I pay for tips:
10-18$ for 500 basic french or natural or whatever.
VERSUS
7$ for only 70 tips.... pre-designed

And there is MUCH more waste with pre-designed tips.

I'm not sure I understand your backfill/refill dilemma. I dont have any problems.
As someone else said, I also apply them a little further back so the client can get longer use out of them.

Latest posts

Back