how much do you pay your hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
i had some interviews this morn.. and i found someone i would employ...:eek:

he is very experienced but il start with him and leave space until i find a chair renter etc

im sure i will in time but i need to keep focused and start until someone who is serious comes along :)

ive changed my opening day to next sat because of people changing their minds etc...

so im abit more calmer now.. but how much would i pay someone or whats the average wage for a stylist etc...?

Start by asking him what his expectation is!.
Pay really depends on experience plus if he is bringing any clients with him. My stylists are generally paid 60 per day and 10% commission after they have taken the first 60. Other salons pay differently, with some paying higher basic and no comm or lower basic and higher comm. He will have an idea what he wants or expects to earn.

thats exactly what i wanted to do basic and commision..

he doesnt have clients i wish he did lol..

i was thinking of exactly 60-65 and commision after that.. just not sure of commision terms etc..

so do you pay commision after they have earned 60.00 from customers?

Yes. I pay 60 per day NET plus 10% of all services and retail after the fist 60.
EG, If a stlist takes 200 per day for 5 days then her basic net pay is £300 and her commision would be £70

thanks thats great. how many hours are you opened?

Mon 9-5
tues 9-8
wed 9-8
thurs 9-8
fri 9-8
sat 9-6

Latest posts

Back