How much is enough ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
How much colour is enough or what is the essentials when starting rent a chair in a salon? Obviously I will eventually build up a regular colour client base but my head is scrambled at the minute and no idea what I need to start

right to start up this is what i would get......

one of every base
one of every /1 (ash)
one of every /7 (brunette)
some reds, coppers and violets
a natural red head colour (7/37 in wella my personal fave)
some ashy high lifts (12/0, 12/1, 12/89)
some bleach, developers
some toner colours

some semis (i would prob just get some 5's to 8's, a few warmy ones too)

But...this is what I would use. we all have our favourites (I hate /3 gold colours personally) so its what you use. but obv things like base is essential, xxx

Are u the only hair dresser there?

Is there somebody who is already set up who you perhaps buy colours off if you perhaps don't have that one in.

But defo all bases, my clients seem to be favouring copper colours.

Hths a little

Thank you both very much, I'm using matrix as I have used it the longest, their is another two stylists but they use igora and I've never worked with it. I'm not a fan of gold either Hun but ash golds I like lol x

BlueRinse... How are you finding Matrix? A GF of mine has recently attended a course by them and was interested in trying it!

BlueRinse... How are you finding Matrix? A GF of mine has recently attended a course by them and was interested in trying it!

Personally I love it!! Decent size tubes, awesome coverage and great colours, color graphics has to be my fave by far, toned highlights without the extra fuss of toning!! Lol I've got biolage aswell :)

Back