How much should u charge "models"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickis Nails

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the website!

I am just starting out and have been applying acrylic nail extensions
to friends and family ..have done bout 10 sets..looking good.
But want to start advertising ...how much do u reckon to charge
for ext and manicure ?
:rolleyes:
Also , want to buy a UV lamp..can u recommend one?
:o
love the site !!!! :Look_righ but have got to get used to all the smilies!!!

Just charge for your products. same for infills. Remember to explain if you are justpractising and may take a while. I used to charge about a fiver.

Hiya, most people usually charge £10 for practice sets until they feel more confident etc, Have you done a Training Course?? good luck with it all
Shelley x

You know what? Having been down that road, here's what I would do now. I would not charge anything but put a time limit on how long you're practising for...............or say that you want to do 15 full sets and 15 infills before you go out into the big wide world. This way, they'll come back for their infills and recommend you.

You'll improve your skills very quickly and then you'll be good enough to charge the going rate. If they're decent people, they'll tip you and if not, then put it down to experience. xxxx

thanks for yr advice...i got a bit confident cus I did my sisters
and she thought they were brilliant and that i should just charge proper prices.So i ve done an advert for ext £15. Nail polish £6.50 and manicure £10
but now Im thinking am i being too cheeky...but then i think customers
expect it perfect even if u r are only charging the bare minimum...

sorry for going on but i am new to site and its exciting to speak to others about nails !!!:biggrin:

The thing is this: when you start out, you make so many mistakes and then when you're good, you look back and think "Oh my God, how did I have the cheek to think those nails were good?" So, if you don't charge and just use them to practise on, you don't owe them any apologies when problems appear. xxx

Hi Kimmi Rocks

yeah ..i know u r right !!
i just want to hurry up and be really good and get out there !!!

Could u recommend a good UV lamp as I havent bought one yet.
I have been concentrating on the acylic.

where is Wierdsville ....!!:rolleyes: !???

Latest posts

Back