How often should the temp of wax be tested

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

Im in college at the moment and we are waxing at the moment, we test the wax before we apply to the client then I test it again when moving on to a different area such as the back of the legs etc, so im continually checking so to speak.

my question is what is the correct amount of times in guidelines etc that I should be testing the temp of the wax, is there one??

cheers
nenee:)

hiya i'm not sure about official guidelines i can't remember from college but your right to test at different areas for example to do an eyebrow wax, the skin around that area is more sensitive than on the legs. But at work i test the wax before i start waxing every client and as you said before you start a different area, i think thats all the testing you need to do :)

hth,
xx

I also ask my clients at intervals during the waxing process if the temp is still okay.

You'll find that the more experienced you become, you can tell the temperature of your wax just by looking at it and it's consistency.

Try it on your arm and then keep it on that temperature so that you don't have to keep fiddling about with it. With some non strip waxes, you would have to adjust the temperature during the seasons but not for every client. xxx

you have been given some great advice already on this thread.

i always test on myself and on the client to make sure that the wax is at the correct temperature.

a great book to get which as far as i know is free is the habia guidlines to waxing. it covers everything that you need to know along with the industry guidlines. It covers contra indications, actions, health and safety and patch testing as well.

good luck and

Wax on!!!

I'd say you were doing it enough, why not ask your client to tell you if they ever feel it getting too hot, although remember they will always feel a bit more heat over an area thats just been waxed i.e doing a 2nd strip over same area with hard wax or tidying up with warm wax after a hard wax.

Gawd i keep waffling today hope you get what i mean, i'm like a bloomin budgy!

Hi ya

Thank you lots of great advice i will follow all your advice

cheers:):hug:

nenee

Latest posts

Back