How to cap the free edge with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is worth pointing out that for some of us it is very difficult.

My own nails (in recent years) have become very thin and weak, this also applies to my sister and to her daughter who is only 21.

Our nails just will not tolerate being overlaid, howver good the capping, with L&P or Gel.

I sculpt on all of us and when they reach overlay stage, I file back down and re-sculpt and then there is no problem.

I have to say i agree with this too adele!

also...just to go back to the person who said she was taught NEVER to file the gel after capping, i'd say this applies more to SOAK off gels.

File off gels you seem to be able to file after capping....soak off no matter what angle your files at if you break the seal it'll peel off!

jmho of course:green:

Sorry if i'm annoying you again with this topic but holding the file at 45 to the free edge, its new to me. so its like i file from under the free edge? did I understoond good or its the opposite way?
sorry, you will be all right if you think i m stupid:!: but i only want to do the best of it you know, I just got the certificate and I m trying to get some clients, and you geeks are really helping me alot.

thanks
zringa

Exactly ... the whole look of the enhancement will be so much better if you Always file this way .... not to mention they will last longer.

ok thanks alot i will always remember this!! I really appriatiate your replies
thanks alot
zringa:)

I have to say i agree with this too adele!

also...just to go back to the person who said she was taught NEVER to file the gel after capping, i'd say this applies more to SOAK off gels.

File off gels you seem to be able to file after capping....soak off no matter what angle your files at if you break the seal it'll peel off!

jmho of course:green:

your completely correct minkus! :) i use calgel and was told NEVER to file after, but as long as i hold the file correctly and file from under the enhancement it seem to be fine x (so far !)

Latest posts

Back