How to fill your diary? Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Hey everyone,happy Friday!

So...I have clients coming, a few every week. But they leave without a booking for next time. So week to week I have no idea how busy or not I'm going to be. I sit and wait for texts to come in from them. I don't want to pressure people onto a time slot so I leave it open. But I know this is not the way I want it to be. Ideally I want a few good regulars with appts in place.

Can you tell me how to go about it? What would you say ?
I'm useless at the sales side but extra great at the customer service!!

Thanks in advance XXX

Hey everyone,happy Friday!

So...I have clients coming, a few every week. But they leave without a booking for next time. So week to week I have no idea how busy or not I'm going to be. I sit and wait for texts to come in from them. I don't want to pressure people onto a time slot so I leave it open. But I know this is not the way I want it to be. Ideally I want a few good regulars with appts in place.

Can you tell me how to go about it? What would you say ?
I'm useless at the sales side but extra great at the customer service!!

Thanks in advance XXX

'As I'm getting busier, I might be unable to offer the time you would like for next time if you wait to make your appointment. Why don't we get that booked in now for you to avoid disappointment?'

None of my regulars leave without rebooking to guarantee I'm free when they are x

I Agree with Fee . ALWAYS get them booked in for their next appt when they are with you . I too used the ' I get full up very quickly and I know how busy you are so lets get you booked in now for your next appt '

Or you could make it simpler and just say ' Ok lets get the maintenance apt booked in , When is best for you ?

It is quite easy to tell if they are uncomfortable and if you sense this just say . How about you give me a call when you get home and you check your diary ?

I actually dont book appointments any more . ALL my ladies have ongoing appts at the same time ect . So Customer A every 3 weeks on Tuesday at 10.15 , customer B every 3 weeks Friday at 9 ect . makes my life ( and theirs ) Soooo much easier.At the end of thier appt we both say . See you in three lol
x

When I first started I noticed the same thing. However I never left appointments open for people. As i got busier clients found it more difficult to get the time they wanted. Now every single one of my regulars booked before they leave, but then again the ladies that have more free time always manage to fit in an appt somewhere x

I used to feel like that when I started my mobile business. I tried to book next apt but if they didnt I used to txt clients after 2 weeks to say You probably be ready for your nail appointment next week and as I am getting pretty booked up I didnt want to have to let you down, so wondered if u want to book in now... 9 times out of 10 they booked in. Now they nearly all book next apt while they with me. X

I used to feel like that when I started my mobile business. I tried to book next apt but if they didnt I used to txt clients after 2 weeks to say You probably be ready for your nail appointment next week and as I am getting pretty booked up I didnt want to have to let you down, so wondered if u want to book in now... 9 times out of 10 they booked in. Now they nearly all book next apt while they with me. X
Aw thank you, I really need to follow this advice xx

Do you ask them if they'd like to rebook or wait for them to ask you?
Just say that will be £30 today, would you like to book your next one?
In the beginning I didn't like asking for the money let alone to rebook, I'd wait for them to ask me how much!
8 years on I now ask if they'd like their next 2 or 3 apts in the book if they don't already have running apts.
sat & eve clients are always booked months in advance.
You may feel better saying 'would you like to get your next apt in the book so you can guarantee the time you'd like, you can always text me closer to the time to change it'

Do you ask them if they'd like to rebook or wait for them to ask you?
Just say that will be £30 today, would you like to book your next one?
In the beginning I didn't like asking for the money let alone to rebook, I'd wait for them to ask me how much!
8 years on I now ask if they'd like their next 2 or 3 apts in the book if they don't already have running apts.
sat & eve clients are always booked months in advance.
You may feel better saying 'would you like to get your next apt in the book so you can guarantee the time you'd like, you can always text me closer to the time to change it'
Great advice, Definitely going to give that a try x

Hi Paulamala,

Great replies here on asking to book the next appointment.

Another thing you can do is pre-sell the future appointments -- and give a discount based on how many someone buys in advance. So you could sell 3 nail treatments (or whatever) for a 10% discount. 6 for a 20% discount, and 12 for a 30% discount.

More cash now and, since they're buying future appointments now, that's good reason for them to book those future appointments now. :)

Sunni

Agree with the above ^^

Also, make sure obviously that you offer an online booking widget on your website or Facebook page to get surprised by clients booking themselves in for a first or repeat visit. I'm using 10to8.com but Acuity Scheduling, Timely and Ovato do the same – even if clunkier

Last edited by a moderator:
God sounds exactly like me! I'm useless at booking them in too. Just after they leave I think, oh should have asked! Xx

Latest posts

Back